Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-26-2021, 07:12 PM   #421
Full time employment: Posting here.

yesterday made homemade chicken noodle soup.
Today DW is at work so ...
* went to the town dump
* did some grocery shopping
* picked up some fish at the local fish coop
* installed a light in upstairs closet
* installed light dimmer for downstair hall lights
* went to the PO to mail a few items
* went to the local outdoor store and bought some microspikes for my boots - was
hiking yesterday ad took a few spills on the icy trail

Was planning to start the taxes but, am running out of steam now. Maybe tomorrow.
albireo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2021, 07:38 AM   #422
Recycles dryer sheets

We picked up DGD from school yesterday & because her daddy was working late DD came to pick her up. DGD had a suggestion that we all play cards so we sat down and played Uno! We had planned to go out to eat at a nice little local place but DD ordered pizza for us while we played. It turned into a wonderful fun filled family evening after DSnL came by & joined us too. I love hearing my 8 yr. old DGD laugh when she beats Papa in a hand. I'm just an old softy when it comes to her!
Venturer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 03:07 PM   #423

Got my second Pfizer COVID-19 shot this morning!

This really won't change anything in my behavior until about a month after DW also has both of her shots but at least it is progress.

Had a delivery of some radio control airplane stuff and played with that some in the basement, three radio receivers and two ESCs (electronic speed controls) for some airplanes that have yet to be delivered. Before I start building an airplane I like to have everything available for trial fitting and such.
Old 02-27-2021, 03:28 PM   #424
Moderator Emeritus

Got notices from both the IRS and the State of Louisiana, that the info I submitted via TurboTax for payments with my 2020 tax returns, was incorrect. They submitted the account number to the bank and the bank said no such account.

Well I know I still have an account! I log into it every day. So, I probably gave them the wrong number. I went online and paid both again, re-copying the account number and routing number from one of my checks. If these payments get kicked back, I'll try using a credit card.

This is DEFINITE proof that I am now older than Methuselah! Gee. What a milestone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (30.0 KB, 229 views)
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 04:29 PM   #425
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

took my wife for her first covid shot today. a little arm soreness but that's all.
Administrator for a regional 9-1-1 call center
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 04:34 PM   #426
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
took my wife for her first covid shot today. a little arm soreness but that's all.
And how's she feeling?

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Nemo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 08:17 PM   #427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo2 View Post
And how's she feeling?
feeling fine...normal. the process was a well-oiled machine. counting the 15-min post shot wait to make sure a third eye didn't show up in your forehead we we're in the building maybe 25-minutes.
Administrator for a regional 9-1-1 call center
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 08:56 PM   #428

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
feeling fine...normal. the process was a well-oiled machine. counting the 15-min post shot wait to make sure a third eye didn't show up in your forehead we we're in the building maybe 25-minutes.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:01 PM   #429

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accidental Retiree View Post
I took my little beagle out on a ribbon hunt:
Congratulations to both of you!!
Old 02-27-2021, 09:50 PM   #430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
Finally ordered my Ford Bronco. Covid and supplier issues have delayed the release. Don't know when I'm going to get it. Also did some woodworking, shopping at Menards, lunch at Jimmy Johns and a visit to MIL.
Ronstar >>> if I may ask, what TRIM package did you get? Base, Badland ETC.?

You getting the 1.5L or 2L?
street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 10:00 PM   #431
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
Got notices from both the IRS and the State of Louisiana, that the info I submitted via TurboTax for payments with my 2020 tax returns, was incorrect. They submitted the account number to the bank and the bank said no such account.

Well I know I still have an account! I log into it every day. So, I probably gave them the wrong number. I went online and paid both again, re-copying the account number and routing number from one of my checks. If these payments get kicked back, I'll try using a credit card.

This is DEFINITE proof that I am now older than Methuselah! Gee. What a milestone.
What happened to using eftps.gov to pay your Federal taxes? We just tell TurboTax we are paying separately and use EFTPS to schedule the 1040 payment for April 15.
Old 02-27-2021, 10:25 PM   #432

I'm at Hollywood Beach FL, enjoying the food, live music and people watching on the Broadwalk.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20210226_195243268.MP.jpg (811.6 KB, 64 views)
Montecfo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 04:09 PM   #433

It seems that COVID-19 shot had an effect. Nothing terrible, but I slept off and on for much of the day. Very mild arm soreness, I don't even notice it unless I lie on it.
Old 02-28-2021, 05:19 PM   #434

Tried to find a new bedspread as the 20 yr old one needs replacing. Now they sell comforters instead that are too small.

Making lasagne, pull apart cheese bread, and brownie ice cream cheese cake (layer brownies then ice cream the magic shell ..... works as long as GS1 cuts it as cold magic shell is hard to cut) for family dinner (just the 9 of us)
gayl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 06:00 PM   #435
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by street View Post
Ronstar >>> if I may ask, what TRIM package did you get? Base, Badland ETC.?

You getting the 1.5L or 2L?
Those are the engine options for the Bronco Sport that is already being sold. The Bronco Sport is the smaller version of the Bronco. The full size has not started production yet. I'm getting a full size Big Bend package with a 2.7L. Ford is having several supply chain issues on the full size Bronco. I don't have a clue when I'll get it.
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 06:14 PM   #436

Gotcha!
That will be a great outfit. I will do some reading on the Big Bend and i like to looks of them.

Thanks
street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 06:21 PM   #437
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by street View Post
Gotcha!
That will be a great outfit. I will do some reading on the Big Bend and i like to looks of them.

Thanks
There's always some good reading at the Bronco6g forum. https://www.bronco6g.com
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 07:43 PM   #438

Took a 30 min drive over to the nearest "cultural" city and had lunch at favorite Mexican place. Then went to a VW dealer and test drove an VW Atlas, then to a Jeep dealer after that test drove a Grand Cherokee. Both VERY nice cars, but I am leaning toward the GC for a near purchase. Headed back home, picked up some really good Cabernet on sale at the State run Packy's (a New England term), then to the grocery store to get seafood for dinner tonight. Then home to a frenzied greeting by the two fur kids who are not used to us being away for 4+ hours.....
Old 02-28-2021, 09:59 PM   #439

Completed a refinancing application for our mortgage.

Went back and forth between paying it off quickly from retirement accounts (about 5 years) and refinancing. Have decided on refinancing, but reducing the term from 30 years to 15 or 20. The shorter term also helps with getting enough of a rate reduction to make it work.
Out of Steam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 07:37 AM   #440

Happy St. Davids Day !!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_David%27s_Day

Going to make DW some Welsh cakes for dessert tonight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200301_173527.jpg (1,018.1 KB, 41 views)