Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2022, 04:36 PM   #1561
Recycles dryer sheets

Went to see the house my DS and DDIL are making an offer on. Prices still insane but its where they want to live and they can afford it. Nice place for them for the next couple of years and located in the neighborhood they are already renting in.

Came home to rest (still recovering from yesterday's booster shot) and cut up cucumbers from the garden to make pickles.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2022, 08:56 PM   #1562
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Went to my first physical therapy session for my ankle. I messed it up over 6 weeks ago running in sandals to get short term renter to not burn the national forest down. Different from most PT I've done before, no exercises, just fun things like acupuncture. I'd had that done before but in my back where I didn't get to watch the needles.
Old 07-14-2022, 08:04 AM   #1563
Give me a forum ...

Bastille Day! Opened a bottle of French wine and celebrated.

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Old 07-14-2022, 08:11 AM   #1564
Give me a forum ...

Going to hang around home today do a bike ride and work on some yard projects. Early this morning went and picked dill leaves, celery, beet tops and small beets and sweet pepper for a salad lunch. Nothing better than go outside pick fresh and eat the great taste of fresh.

I need to go pick wild berries, but mosquitos are pretty bad with all the rain and water we have had so far. I will go in the next few days and bundle up and use a ThermaCell.
Old 07-14-2022, 10:19 AM   #1565
Give me a forum ...

DH just had toenails removed yesterday, so hanging around the house. He has no pain, unless bumped.
Will take care of DGS later this afternoon--Grandpa will have on his steel toe boots!
Old 07-14-2022, 12:46 PM   #1566
Give me a forum ...

Our two dogs have been going crazy all morning. They're convinced something is outside, I've looked multiple times to no avail. We went to lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant and picked up some prescriptions, after that the dogs were still saying something was outside. Last time I checked outside I saw this. 20220714_123052.jpg
Our 12 pound Shih Tzu ran it off.
Old 07-14-2022, 12:55 PM   #1567
Give me a forum ...

Some garage cleanout clutter reduction of parts for cars have not owned in many years... A painful and slow process.
Old 07-14-2022, 01:52 PM   #1568
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG View Post
Our two dogs have been going crazy all morning. They're convinced something is outside, I've looked multiple times to no avail. We went to lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant and picked up some prescriptions, after that the dogs were still saying something was outside. Last time I checked outside I saw this. Attachment 42939
Our 12 pound Shih Tzu ran it off.
Great picture!
Old 07-15-2022, 04:32 PM   #1569
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Yesterday and today we did orientation at UAH for oldest son. He had a great time and is so excited to start college. We got out at noon today so after lunch and a nap, we enjoyed a pleasant hike in Monte Sano state park. We are currently mulling our choices for dinner. There are so many interesting restaurants here!
Old 07-15-2022, 04:53 PM   #1570
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugeauxgirl View Post
Yesterday and today we did orientation at UAH for oldest son. He had a great time and is so excited to start college. We got out at noon today so after lunch and a nap, we enjoyed a pleasant hike in Monte Sano state park. We are currently mulling our choices for dinner. There are so many interesting restaurants here!
Congratulations. For us the first off to college was a tearful event. By the third, it was a celebration and giant sigh of relief.

I have a good friend who lectures at UAH.
Old 07-15-2022, 05:02 PM   #1571
Administrator

We got our 2nd Covid booster shot today. We also got the detailed itinerary for our October trip to Egypt and Jordan, and are happily going through it in anticipation.
Old 07-16-2022, 03:58 PM   #1572

Went to the "open house" event at the club R/C flying site but the weather did not cooperate and we were partially rained out with intermittent showers for most of the day. About a dozen hard-core people showed up and we had lots of food since we'd planned on the promised 22 people that said they were coming. Oh well, the ones who showed up had a good time.
Old 07-16-2022, 04:32 PM   #1573
Give me a forum ...

Picked wild berries and are in freezer ready for winter and later use. Will continue to go every other day or so. Things are a little slower this year to ripen and not near as good of crop. Had snow to many times when things were in blossom or just about to blossom.

Nothing more relaxing and enjoyable harvesting wild berry and being part of nature and all its beautiful landscape, sounds, smells and solitude. I would believe there are many in the world that have not experienced such a contentment of beauty in so many ways. It is worth more than money or gold.
Old 07-16-2022, 04:48 PM   #1574
Give me a forum ...

Worked on the bracketing for the sonar transducer so I can know the depth. Very important for river travel and marinas.
Old 07-16-2022, 05:14 PM   #1575
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieB View Post
Worked on the bracketing for the sonar transducer so I can know the depth. Very important for river travel and marinas.
Absolutely important and a must in my opinion.
Old 07-16-2022, 08:48 PM   #1576

I went to backfill a commercial job that just *had* to be done by Monday morning. Nobody asked me if it was possible. It was not going to happen and then we discovered a big grade bust that had to be cut out and re-done. Put in 9 1/2 and will be there all day Monday.
Operating Engineer for a commercial plumbing contractor
Old 07-16-2022, 09:58 PM   #1577

I fixed two small 2"x3" delamination of the plaster at the bottom our pool in the deep end. I used my scuba gear to perform the underwater repair. It's not the easiest repair to perform underwater but I really couldn't empty our pool given the water restriction. I managed to get the job done.
Old 07-16-2022, 11:16 PM   #1578
Recycles dryer sheets

Worked in the garden this morning (SOOOOO many Roma tomatoes and tons of basil ). Going to make tomato basil soup tomorrow. Swam in the 90 degree heat and then had dinner with DS/DDIL on the patio.
Old 07-17-2022, 04:48 AM   #1579
Give me a forum ...

I woke up and knew it.
Old 07-17-2022, 11:29 AM   #1580
Give me a forum ...

Picked some blueberries from our bush, no tomatoes yet.

My early summer dahlias are just starting to bloom, a month later than usual. This particular bulb puts off a huge bushy plant full of blooms every year--spectacular blooms!
We are down to only one plant this year, darn moles or voles, have gotten them in the past. Although, this year we did have significant freeze time for longer than usual, which is most likely the culprit. We don't pull and winter them over any more. The years we did that, we lost just as many bulbs as when we left them in ground, so not doing that work anymore!!
Closed Thread