Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-11-2020, 06:14 PM   #61
Recycles dryer sheets

This past summer, DH and I managed to score some sweet mid-pandemic carbon fiber gravel bikes. Lots of $$$ at the time, but we justified it because the outdoor exercise would help us fend off covid. Since then, we have been buying ALL THE STUFF that goes along with enjoying our bikes, so both DH and I have bike accessories, racks, gadgets and wearables on our Christmas lists. Ha!
Involuntary Retiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2020, 06:35 PM   #62
Recycles dryer sheets

Send a message via Yahoo to lem1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnot View Post
Apple AirPod Pro.
I have traveled with my Bose noise canceling Headphones. They are not blue tooth and are bulky.
Looking forward to traveling with my new AirPods.
Best part about Apple AirPod Pro’s. I can get up from my desk in the middle of a Zoom call with my volunteer board, go upstairs and make myself another cup of tea and not miss a thing because Bluetooth throughout the house keeps the voices clear everywhere.
lem1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 04:54 AM   #63
Dryer sheet aficionado

Just time with family. I have everything else I need. If I do take up a new hobby, I’ll buy the equipment myself.
habelsgtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 05:08 AM   #64
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Stay healthy and avoid the virus.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:20 AM   #65
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugeauxgirl View Post
My husband keeps asking what I want for Christmas. I can't think of a thing. What's on YOUR Christmas list?

Well Santa, since you ask, I want this lathe.
I know it's on Backorder until late January, but I don't mind.
It's kinda heavy so if you could just deliver into my shed, that would help.
I would like several accessories, the stand, a drill chuck and a boring bar set.
Let me know if you need my shipping address.
Thank you, Santa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lathe.jpg (54.0 KB, 25 views)
Time2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 07:06 AM   #66
Recycles dryer sheets

My deceased Dads 1968 RS Camaro, he ordered from factory when Mom made him sell his motorcycle or I would love to have my 2012 Moto Guzzi Norge back together and running like new again. Oh well they are wishes after all.
nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 07:44 AM   #67
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Here's my list - except maybe go easy on the work rants...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg What I want for Christmas.JPG (70.2 KB, 35 views)
Old 12-12-2020, 08:06 AM   #68
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn2792 View Post
Nothing. We haven’t bought each other presents other than the first couple of years we were married. If either of us wants something. We buy it.
+1

Usually we buy a few things that we both want, for the house.
Mantras: Carpe diem & Gratitude
PointBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
An apple watch
Old 12-13-2020, 07:32 AM   #69
Recycles dryer sheets

An apple watch

The cheapest one. I’m tired of buying a new fitbit every year.
vafoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Great thread!
Old 12-13-2020, 07:41 AM   #70
Recycles dryer sheets

Great thread!

DH & I both have a hard time guessing what the other wants, since the answer is mostly We don't need a thing. We exchange fun gifts & maybe 2 or 2 or of them is really good. I have two good gifts for DH (genuine cowboy belt & a nice watch). After I'd ordered both, be mentioned he could us a dress watch as his Citizen- 19 yo- is mostly dead. He'd bought me a rose gold watch for my BD, so we'll now match when we're back out in the world (whenever that is!).

Like others, I just wish for this pandemic to end. Until my snow bird Mom arrived, I've seen no family or friends except on Facetime, zoom etc. since Feb. DM was the only risk we were willing to take this year.
Old 12-17-2020, 11:55 AM   #71

Just finished my 'list.' Kids just needed $$ so that made it easy. 1k to 2 kids with households, $100 to 3 old grandkids, $10 + 3 outfits / toy / book to 3 little ones (5, 6, 7 yrs old). Here's the food books that go with the money. Just gave GS2 nuts. 20201217_105518.jpeg
gayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 04:24 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Involuntary Retiree View Post
This past summer, DH and I managed to score some sweet mid-pandemic carbon fiber gravel bikes. Lots of $$$ at the time, but we justified it because the outdoor exercise would help us fend off covid. Since then, we have been buying ALL THE STUFF that goes along with enjoying our bikes, so both DH and I have bike accessories, racks, gadgets and wearables on our Christmas lists. Ha!

Lucky you! My carbon-frame gravel bike, ordered in September, isn’t expected until July 2021.
Philliefan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 08:19 AM   #73
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Here's my list - except maybe go easy on the work rants...
REWahoo, excellent thoughts. Love that!
Montecfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 08:22 AM   #74
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliefan33 View Post
Lucky you! My carbon-frame gravel bike, ordered in September, isn’t expected until July 2021.
I'm grateful to have had my Lightspeed Tuscany titanium road bike already. And I also have this old school Raleigh from the 70s or 80s maybe that someone left for me. Kind of retro-cool.

These have been great pandemic wheels.

I'd love a gravel bike but post pandemic might be better timing for me.
Montecfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 02:56 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by statsman View Post
I hope DW's eye "cleanup" from her 2018 cataracts surgery in two weeks is a complete success ...
The procedure was performed today. Took less time than they expected. Her fogged over eye is clear again. Full results won't be known until the dilation passes and the "floaters" from the surgery dissipate in 3-7 days, but her vision has cleared up. I imagine a really good nights' sleep for her would also be helpful.

Thanks Santa, I'm good now!
statsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 12:39 AM   #76
Give me a forum ...

Sorry, WAY late to this party, BUT, I have one you may not believe. I actually ASKED DW for a wallet! And I got it!! I was someplace in early Dec., pulled out my aged wallet and notice it was literally falling apart. So, Santa was right there when I needed him. YMMV

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 05:00 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Involuntary Retiree View Post
You can't go wrong with a nice bicycle for Christmas. Nothing like rolling down the road getting some exercise on a piece of mechanical art.
I will probably trade in my tired old recumbent trike (of more than a couple of decades and lots of good memories) for a shiny new one this year. The past year I rode over 3200 miles and with the previous years of wear it has really started to show.I think I got my money's worth out of the old one.

Cheers!
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 07:42 AM   #78
Recycles dryer sheets

DH accused me of being a mind reader this year. I mostly got snacks & candy- which was perfect since I buy anything that I want already. I gave DH a western belt with conchos w/ a Texas belt buckle $17, A funny covid-19 ornament (truck full of TP, Disinf, etc.), a cashmere scarf $15., a bunch of candy/snacks & a book about electric cars $5. -All from Ebay. A few days after I'd purchased the scarf & watch, he asked for them both! I know him quite well after 18 years. I had snacks & candy trickling in with our many curbside pickup orders.

I wish I could also see the future- that'd be much more profitable!
Old 12-28-2020, 08:20 AM   #79
Administrator

In terms of Christmas presents for each other, we have been working our way down over the years and finally reached zero this year. We already have everything we need or want. And if we discover we don't, we just buy it then - no need to wait for Christmas.
Old 12-28-2020, 11:21 AM   #80
Full time employment: Posting here.

DH got me a yeti. I got him running shorts. Incredibly extravagant.
MrsHaloFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote