What We're Making

Turned 3 bowls on my lathe. European walnut, Zebrawood and Myrtle.

Attachments

• bowls.jpg
    bowls.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 42
I see those big briskets at Costco - darn I want to try again, but I feel like they are just mocking me!
-ERD50

If you want pulled beef, try a chuck roast. Need to get the internal temp to about 195F.

I smoked two small ones on Thursday, and we are having them today.

As far as briskets go, I did one a while back. It came out OK, but the chuck roast actually taste better!

In memory of 9/11, I whipped up an American flag from some scrap 2x4's.

Attachments

• flag garage 5k.jpg
    flag garage 5k.jpg
    491.8 KB · Views: 62
Very quiet here lately :greetings10:

Ronstar, excellent flag!
and I really like the plate next to it :LOL: did you make it?

and I brought you some cookies again :)
too bad I can not share smell and taste, they go very well with my morning coffee :whistle:

Attachments

• flowerlace.jpg
    flowerlace.jpg
    551.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Bivalve Rejunenator

I love clams & oysters but the quality and condition varies greatly even from hi-dollar internet vendors. I saw one of these at a fish market once and since I could not find any to buy I made one;

29174938491_5c15c17e52_o.jpg

A 12 volt Rule submersible bilge pump and a PVC ring with lots of holes drilled. I make up "sea water" with purified water (no chlorine or chloramines) and sea salt at the proper concentration (4oz/gallon) and it allows them to open and re-hydrate / flush toxins for 3 to 4 hours before eating. Works real good too;

29166928102_8fdbf82689_o.jpg

Grillin' oysters with garlic butter and Tabasco - very tasty!

RobbieB, nice work and use of skills to make something useful! I'm not an oyster fan but sounds like this contraption does the job! Thanks for sharing.

and I brought you some cookies again :)
too bad I can not share smell and taste, they go very well with my morning coffee :whistle:

Can you please start an instagram account so I can look at these cookies every day. They make me so happy! You are an amazing artist :)

It would be almost a crime to eat these beautiful cookies. But I should like to try.

I made "fence facades" for the front of the garage to replace the rotting bricks and mortar that was there before.

Attachments

• fencefacadeFR.jpg
    fencefacadeFR.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 41
  • fencefacadesright.jpg
    fencefacadesright.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom