Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-10-2018, 05:16 PM   #701
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I can't pick out one piece of work. They all are impressive.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2018, 05:56 PM   #702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1101 View Post
Like everything in my life things can get involved. Last June I picked up some 400 Nelsonville "Star" sidewalk bricks in pristine condition. I switched out the sidewalk installation I had done in 2012 with this better brick. I need to set up the brick saw to make three cuts for the missing 1/4 brick, and two bricks at the left of the post.

I had enough 3/4 & 1/4 included with this sale so not to have to cut up any of these beautiful bricks. There were bricks by the steps which I could not replace so I just resued the old worn bricks. You can tell the worn bricks by the white on the high surfaces which is where the glaze has been worn away from foot traffic. It makes for a great "compare and contrast" when I show this installation off....

That's a beautiful walkway!
And whatever your labors and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.- Desiderata by Max Ehrmann
MissMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:15 PM   #703
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Beautiful walk way.
street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:19 AM   #704
Moderator Emeritus

DW wanted a "beachy" photo frame to match our new decor. So I made this from some scraps and a piece of moulding.

First time using chalk paint. Now I need to pick up the glass, mounting hardware, and put it on the bathroom wall.

Photo is from a photographer that I'm taking a photo lighting workshop from.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 11.06.31 AM.png (1.79 MB, 74 views)
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:47 AM   #705
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
DW wanted a "beachy" photo frame to match our new decor. So I made this from some scraps and a piece of moulding.

First time using chalk paint. Now I need to pick up the glass, mounting hardware, and put it on the bathroom wall.

Photo is from a photographer that I'm taking a photo lighting workshop from.
Very nice! You have some excellent skills
Tetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 01:55 PM   #706

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrophyWife View Post
Can you please start an instagram account so I can look at these cookies every day. They make me so happy! You are an amazing artist
ditto, ditto! Oh my gosh, I am late to this but you are AMAZING.....these are works of art...do they taste good, too?
Old 07-31-2018, 02:07 PM   #707

I am so late to this thread - but WOW - what great work by all of you. I crochet afghans and enter them into our local fair. The are three dimensional in that the flowers or designs pop-out from the flat part. I will post some pictures later.

In any case, thanks for sharing the great work - and for that cookie maker - gorgeous and YUMMM!
Jewelry
Old 07-31-2018, 04:17 PM   #708
Full time employment: Posting here.

Jewelry

Trying some laser cut jewelry. Alpacas for my wife and some friends with alpacas and Sheltie will be for a fund raiser for the rescue group we are in. They have an annual picnic and hoping to sell a dozen or so pairs there as a donation. May do some of the bigger Sheltie s as Christmas ornaments for the picnic as well. The geometric shapes aren’t my design, just a test of the hardware and laser settings.

BTW, thanks to all who post their items here for everyone to see!
davemartin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:52 PM   #709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surewhitey View Post
Made these for gifts too...
Beautiful! Are the top two photos cutting boards?
I bought a checkerboard style cutting board at a charity silent auction recently. Don't ask, but it was worth it for both reasons.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:07 AM   #710
Recycles dryer sheets

Made a few more cutting boards for the Milford Oyster Fest; first time i'm putting up a tent in a craft fair. Should be interesting...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6320.jpg (530.0 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6321.jpg (505.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6322.jpg (463.5 KB, 41 views)
Old 08-02-2018, 01:30 PM   #711
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Milford DE? I'll try to swing by and check it out.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:32 PM   #712
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
Milford DE? I'll try to swing by and check it out.
Nope, sorry. Milford CT
Old 08-03-2018, 09:02 PM   #713
Gone but not forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
Made a few more cutting boards for the Milford Oyster Fest; first time i'm putting up a tent in a craft fair. Should be interesting...
Great looking cutting boards ! You should consider etsy .
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:14 PM   #714
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
Great looking cutting boards ! You should consider etsy .
Thank you. I’ve thought about it, but with my extremely busy job, I could see myself swamped with work and orders! I like doing it on my terms for now, when i retire I’m 9 years I’ll have plenty of time!
Old 08-16-2018, 05:19 AM   #715

Nice cutting boards, I’ve done some similar ones. I finished up 15 pairs of the Sheltie earrings and 20 of the ornaments for the Sheltie Rescue picnic later this month. I’ve done a few other earrings that I was asked to do since they are quick, inexpensive, and seem to be well received, did a poodle shape, a Boy Scout fleur, and several of the geometric versions.

Also did a couple of music themed ink pens to take to the artist co-op. Top one is Cocobolo and the bottom one is Walnut burl.
What We're Making
Old 08-16-2018, 11:36 AM   #716
Recycles dryer sheets

What We're Making

[ATTACH]29316

Made a sunglasses case for an astronaut friend of mine. When I found this fabric, I knew I had to do it & use the heartbeat looking stitch. [emoji41]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6389.jpg (412.0 KB, 52 views)
texcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:17 PM   #717
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by texcurtis View Post
[ATTACH]29316

Made a sunglasses case for an astronaut friend of mine. When I found this fabric, I knew I had to do it & use the heartbeat looking stitch. [emoji41]
Very cool; it’s also way cool that you have a friend who’s an astronaut! Are they a current astronaut or retired?
Old 08-16-2018, 09:46 PM   #718
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
Very cool; it’s also way cool that you have a friend who’s an astronaut! Are they a current astronaut or retired?

If you worked at NASA, astronaut friends & coworkers are a dime a dozen. :-)
texcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:49 AM   #719

Quote:
Originally Posted by texcurtis View Post
[ATTACH]29316

Very nice! I make and buy cases/bags like this for my knitting and crochet projects as well as to hold various cables for electronic equipment when traveling. There are some very unique fabrics out there like what you have above that can make these types of bags personalizable.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:00 PM   #720

Wine butler for a friend, cut from Mulberry. This is how it looks right off the router, it will darken to match the color of the darker piece when exposed to sunlight. At the rate we are seeing the sun lately, this may take a while! Will laser etch a couple of glasses with the same leaf design to go with it.