What's your favorite drink?

Dihydrogen Monoxide.

Water is my drink of choice for hydration. Craft beers are my favorite libation. Like many types, IPAs, stouts, sours, lambics etc.. Have been brewing my own for a couple of years. It is surprisingly easy and fun. With a little practice most home brewers prefer their own beers over all but the best craft beers.
Another home brewer here! I never thought I'd have too much beer, but thats been the case for me for years. My own concoctions are fine, but 5 gallons of it? So I give it away, and in trade, I get, wait for it, more beer!

Are you a member of a brewing club? That's a great way to sample many styles.

Vouvray or Reisling are our wines of choice. DH orders Blue Moon (beer served w/orange slice) when we are out somewhere but buys Moosehead beer for home. I could drink margaritas for breakfast. Diet Pepsi, coffee w/half n half and water.

Had some Cruzan 3 yr. rum a week or so ago in St. Croix that I liked. Probably the place and company had a bit to do with it.

We love Cruzan rum! Did you take the Cruzan tour? DH's drink is Cruzan (dark) and diet lime Coke. Or "dark and diet" as they say on St. Croix. Me - Bacardi (silver)and vanilla Coke.

We love Cruzan rum! Did you take the Cruzan tour? DH's drink is Cruzan (dark) and diet lime Coke. Or "dark and diet" as they say on St. Croix. Me - Bacardi (silver)and vanilla Coke.

Didn't, but took the Bacardi tour. It was pretty weak. Best distillery tour I've been on was in Jalisco just outside of Tequila. Now that was a tour to remember. I think.

I have some Havana Club 7 Anos from Cuba that is very smooth. No mix for this one, just a couple of fingers in a mini brandy snifter. Ay carumba!

Kessler and any non-cola. Diet since I'm watching my figure. Most nights though I'll just grab a high life or lite.

Didn't, but took the Bacardi tour. It was pretty weak. Best distillery tour I've been on was in Jalisco just outside of Tequila. Now that was a tour to remember. I think.

I have some Havana Club 7 Anos from Cuba that is very smooth. No mix for this one, just a couple of fingers in a mini brandy snifter. Ay carumba!

When in Barbados on a cruise I visited the Foursquare rum distillery and heritage park. Some of the buildings date back to the 17th century and were involved in the history of slavery. They have been sensitively restored. We had a guided tour and the history was fascinating.

I have also visited Tequila and had a guided tour of the agave fields and one of the distilleries. I honestly forget which one it was, but there are scores of them. Anyhow, it was very interesting and a major industry in the State of Jalisco. Agave harvesting requires manual labour and the agave " pineapples" are big! There are so many distilleries in Tequila that if you put a match to one of them, the town would literally blow up.

Way too much Diet Pepsi. If I want to be really adventurous - Diet Root Beer. If calories were not an issue I would love a root beer milkshake!

No alcohol and I never developed a taste for coffee. I am pretty lame at happy hour....

Shirley Temple (for dining out)
Hot Cocoa with Extra Whip
Fresh Squeezed Tangerine Juice

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I'll chime in again since I really can't limit myself to only one favorite libation.

The Last Word is truly a complex, interesting cocktail.

Hard to beat the king of cocktails, the Martini. I like a fair amount of vermouth, as that's a big part of the drink. I use at least about 25-30%. Add a dash of orange bitters, , express a lemon peel over the top, and add one or two almond-stuffed olives. Gin of course (currently I like Junipero, but Plymouth, Tanq 10, and Bombay Sapphire are all quite nice). A Martini always has gin. Otherwise, it's a "vodka martini." But I feel cocktail aficionados are losing the war on that point. I've given up on ordering martinis at bars since most kids working there might as well be flipping burgers for all they know about mixing drinks.

Try stirring a drink with all clear ingredients if you routinely shake them. Shaking a Martini just makes for a very ugly drink in the glass, IMHO.

Another home brewer here! I never thought I'd have too much beer, but thats been the case for me for years. My own concoctions are fine, but 5 gallons of it? So I give it away, and in trade, I get, wait for it, more beer!

Are you a member of a brewing club? That's a great way to sample many styles.

Not a member of a club but have several friends I trade with. Mostly the beer is happily accepted by family and friends who give me back the cases and bottles and a few dollars that almost covers the costs of the supplies. Always experimenting. Without my "consumers" my house would look like beer warehouse:D.

A really heavy, complex, high alcohol beer or ale, but it has to be ON TAP at a bar with clean lines.

Nash, I had my first(and only) Singapore Sling in Raffles Hotel in Singapore 40 years ago while on a trip with my father.

Me too except it was >40 years ago during a USN port visit to Singapore. USS Horne (DLG-30).

Went on a great tour of the Bushmills distillery in Northern Ireland years ago. I asked a lot of questions. At the end of the tour we got to go to their tasting room for a sample of any one of the four different varieties of whisky they made. Apparently they always select one person on the tour and offer him/her the chance to have a wee dram of each of the four. Probably because I showed so much interest by asking questions during the tour I was the lucky person for that tour. But it was early in the day and I was driving in a foreign country (on the left side of the road) so I declined and only took the single sample. Broke my heart.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom