Will the class of 2010 please rise...

Generally I avoid TO like the plague so can't be much help, except that there is a nice Portuguese place called Adega on Elm Street (turn up your speakers) Adega Restaurante

and you could take a look here for the trendy places...
Restaurants | torontolife.com

Go on fellow Canucks: help the man!

1432.gif

For those who don't know, "Spotted Dick" is an English pudding.

Spotted Dick

Apologies if I implied any double meaning ;)

I'm so glad you guys started the "class of" thing. I think it was really missing on this forum. It makes so much sense. On the RV forums they had "class of" for people going fulltime, and it really helped people connect who were going through the same life change at the same time.

Congrats to you all!

Audrey (class of 1999)

I guess that's the same as a diseased prick :confused:

Yes, the thread has started a nose dive.
OK Ok I shouldn't have gone there !!!

Don't forget Gone4Good who was Yrs to go. . .

Alan
Bikerchick
Billin
Chemist
Chinaco
flyfishnevada
Gone4Good
Katsmeow
Nanannjen
MsDonheff
MsTeeRuh
Onward
powerplay
Rich_in_Tampa
roadkill
Skyline
sn2792
Stevewc
tesaje
want2xplore

Yeah, don't forget me.

Thanks, Martha!

That makes 20 - a nice haul so far.

count me in

I submitted my letter and now awaiting my Big Day in June :whistle:

Alan
Bikerchick
Billin
Chemist
Chinaco
flyfishnevada
Gone4Good
Katsmeow
Nanannjen
Melion
MsDonheff
MsTeeRuh
Onward
powerplay
Rich_in_Tampa
roadkill
Skyline
sn2792
Stevewc
tesaje
want2xplore

I submitted my letter and now awaiting my Big Day in June :whistle:

Alan
Bikerchick
Billin
Chemist
Chinaco
flyfishnevada
Gone4Good
Katsmeow
Nanannjen
mbooth
Melion
MsDonheff
MsTeeRuh
Onward
powerplay
Rich_in_Tampa
roadkill
Skyline
sn2792
Stevewc
tesaje
want2xplore

Hey, do you have Mafia connections......ya rubbed me out! I know I live downunder, but I haven't fallen off the bottom of world just yet. :D :flowers:

Cheers - Mick

You can add Dreamer's DH. His company was offering a Voluntary Separation Program and he put in and they accepted him. They said that most people would no longer be an employee effective 5/31/10. His last day as an employee is 11/30/10, but his Advance Notice period starts 10/1/10 and he should not have to work beginning 10/1/10. He will receive his regular pay for 18 months beginning 12/01/10. This was an answer to our prayers. He was so stressed out from his job and was diagnosed with depression and anxiety over a year ago. He was on 4 different medications. He was ecstatic and his mood has already improved greatly. He has recently lost 23 lbs and we are walking again. He talked to his doctor about getting weaned off the medication and will finish with one of the medications this weekend. The night before this company offer came, he came home from work and his hands were shaking and he was dragging. We sat down and I told him that he could not go on with this job and we needed to talk to his doctor about filing for disability. As I said, this was literally an answer to our prayers. I can not believe how he has changed in such a short amount of time.
Alan
Bikerchick
Billin
Chemist
Chinaco
Dreamer's DH
flyfishnevada
Gone4Good
Katsmeow
Nanannjen
mbooth
Melion
MsDonheff
MsTeeRuh
Onward
powerplay
Rich_in_Tampa
roadkill
Skyline
sn2792
Stevewc
tesaje
want2xplore

Hey, do you have Mafia connections......ya rubbed me out! I know I live downunder, but I haven't fallen off the bottom of world just yet. :D :flowers:

Cheers - Mick

Sorry! pure typo mistake. No harm intended....

You can add Dreamer's DH. His company was offering a Voluntary Separation Program and he put in and they accepted him. They said that most people would no longer be an employee effective 5/31/10. His last day as an employee is 11/30/10, but his Advance Notice period starts 10/1/10 and he should not have to work beginning 10/1/10. He will receive his regular pay for 18 months beginning 12/01/10. This was an answer to our prayers. He was so stressed out from his job and was diagnosed with depression and anxiety over a year ago.

What a great story. Sometimes when things can't get any worse they get better! Congrats to both of you.

Submitted my resignation for June 24, 2010. Going thru all the paperwork to get it done. Lots of details but nothing too hard so far. Hopefully by the end of this week it'll be done and I can enjoy my last official spring break.

Our school district is in such dire straights that they want to give us a large chunk of $$ to retire early. Was going out this year anyway so it's manna from heaven essentially! Gotta love that financial crisis.

Submitted my resignation for June 24, 2010. Going thru all the paperwork to get it done. Lots of details but nothing too hard so far. Hopefully by the end of this week it'll be done and I can enjoy my last official spring break.

Our school district is in such dire straights that they want to give us a large chunk of $$ to retire early. Was going out this year anyway so it's manna from heaven essentially! Gotta love that financial crisis.

Congratulations - I added you to the 2010 list :greetings10:

Alan
Bikerchick
Billin
Chemist
Chinaco
Dreamer's DH
flyfishnevada
Gone4Good
Katsmeow
Nanannjen
mbooth
Melion
MsDonheff
MsTeeRuh
Onward
powerplay
Rich_in_Tampa
roadkill
ronin
Skyline
sn2792
Stevewc
tesaje
want2xplore

June 24? That's right around the corner. Congratulations!

Thanks, my wife and I are retiring at the same time so we are pretty excited. Looking forward to being able to surf when there are waves and not just when I have the day off.

Outa there July 2nd

Sign me up for sum a thet thar retarment stuff. I'm giving notice in a week or so. Expecting some big time anxiety attacks between now and then..followed by a persistent grin. Reminds me of a joke that ended with "... don't know what he was doing but it took the undertaker an hour to get the grin off his face" :)

Alan
Bikerchick
Billin
Chemist
Chinaco
flyfishnevada
Gone4Good
Katsmeow
Nanannjen
mbooth
Melion
MsDonheff
MsTeeRuh
Onward
powerplay
Rich_in_Tampa
roadkill
Skyline
sn2792
Stevewc
tesaje
want2xplore
willywonka

Wow ronin, good news.

How are we ever going to fund SS for folks my age when all you guys early retire on us?? :)

Back
Top Bottom