Your recent repair? 2013 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleaned out the dryer vent thinking it would be a bit dusty, and ended up with a grocery bag full of lint! The cleaning kit I got on Amazon worked really well, using a drill to spin a brush on flexible rods while applying a vacuum cleaner.

Cleaned out the dryer vent thinking it would be a bit dusty, and ended up with a grocery bag full of lint! The cleaning kit I got on Amazon worked really well, using a drill to spin a brush on flexible rods while applying a vacuum cleaner.
You don't own a gas leaf blower? :LOL:

Our storage shed gets very warm, and the little roof vent is no help, as there were no vent holes in the base of the shed. I ordered 3 vent covers and cut vent holes and installed them.
I was going to install the turbine on the roof myself, until i got a brighter idea! I am having one of our young maintenance men install it.
Well worth the money!
046388184048lg.jpg

I put air in a tire, does that count?

Absolutely!

Though, you'll want to puff up your accomplishment a bit ( I actually started typing that before I realized the pun!). For added bragging rights, tell your friends you filled your tires with Nitrogen, at home - yourself! You could even put a little green paint on those caps.

Heck, regular air is ~ 78% nitrogen, so it's true! And if it is the Oxygen leaking out like the Nitrogen fans try to sell us on, then you replaced the lost Oxygen with 78% Nitrogen! Do the math on a couple top-offs, and you'll see your Nitrogen % is about the same as the tire filler's Nitrogen supply (filtered from air in many cases I think, so not quite 100%).

-ERD50

Possible future repair. Old 25 inch Sharp TV works great with big clear picture, but until it warms up for 15 minutes, it flickers, or has just a horizontal white line across the middle, unless you tap it in a certain spot. Probably has a loose connection or cracked solder joint somewhere near the tapping zone. I'll get to it eventually, maybe.

Possible future repair. Old 25 inch Sharp TV works great with big clear picture, but until it warms up for 15 minutes, it flickers, or has just a horizontal white line across the middle, unless you tap it in a certain spot. Probably has a loose connection or cracked solder joint somewhere near the tapping zone. I'll get to it eventually, maybe.

You do realize your days on this earth are numbered, right? Can't imagine why you would want to spend even a small portion of one of them on this old boat anchor. OTOH, it does answer the old "whattaya DO all day?" question. :)

Heat pump quit pumping so well and was freezing up. Got HVAC guy to put 3 lbs. of freon in it @ $60 a pound.

The fridge went on the blink. Thankfully it was a couple of electronic pieces, and I don't have to buy a new one.

You do realize your days on this earth are numbered, right? Can't imagine why you would want to spend even a small portion of one of them on this old boat anchor. OTOH, it does answer the old "whattaya DO all day?" question. :)

What would Bukowski do? :cool:

I just let it warm up and do something else in the meantime. And... I have a 23 inch waiting in the wings.

Last edited:
Added ram to younger son's laptop.

This might quell the whining for a new machine temporarily.

What would Bukowski do? :cool:

I just let it warm up and do something else in the meantime. And... I have a 23 inch waiting in the wings.

Put them side by side and you have a 48" wide screen :LOL: :LOL:

I cannot tell you how happy I am a few years ago I got the flat screen 50" . They are so much sharper and clear than the old tube tvs, it is amazing.

I urge you to splurge on one, they are now $250 - $350 for the HD (not the 4K ones).

What's the benefit to using these retrofit fixtures instead of just replacing the old bulb with an LED bulb?

Older baffles in the kitchen with glass covers were ugly and discolored, so new bulb and baffle. The ones I put in my 3 season room just had bulbs as I never got around to putting in the baffles so I popped these in and they look and work great.

DW has one of the longer apron strings. Her son 47, called yesterday saying his AC blew the breaker. The lad called her BEFORE calling an AC repair service.

My fix includes suggesting to DW to close the bank of DW. A tough case.

DW has one of the longer apron strings. Her son 47, called yesterday saying his AC blew the breaker. The lad called her BEFORE calling an AC repair service.

My fix includes suggesting to DW to close the bank of DW. A tough case.

You surely are kidding.
Giving the child handouts at that age only continues to reinforce his poor money handling abilities.

Wish I were kidding. The lad is a master leach. But it is DW's decision, I do not in any way contribute to the habit. Great thing for a household account and otherwise separete finances.:cool: And 300 miles of distance to the lad.

Wish I were kidding. The lad is a master leach. But it is DW's decision, I do not in any way contribute to the habit. Great thing for a household account and otherwise separete finances.:cool: And 300 miles of distance to the lad.

I don't get the connection between 'leaching' and calling about a problem before calling a repair service?

My kids are not leaches, but they will ask my advice on any repair.

-ERD50

Your recent repair?

I don't get the connection between 'leaching' and calling about a problem before calling a repair service?

My kids are not leaches, but they will ask my advice on any repair.

-ERD50

It's good that you don't have leeches in your life, otherwise this pattern would be more recognizable. In my experience, this call is to establish that there's an emergency for which, due to circumstances entirely out of his control, our young hero is ill-prepared. Assurances will be made by the enabler that all will be made right. Only then, knowing that someone else will be footing the bill, will our poor victim of fate make the call to the repairman.

ls99, am I in the ballpark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom