You're married now many years?

Thirty Six

As was mentioned, the child rearing years were the toughest, but children are now young adults and doing well. Overall, the marriage is getting better with time.

Together 24, married 17, but the clock has unfortunately now stopped.

16 years for us - together almost 20 years (we are 43).

Last month, the young wife and I went to the wedding of a young couple in Atlanta. After much new music for all the young people, the DJ put on "Always and Forever" by Heatwave and invited all the couples to come up to slow dance. After a few moments, he told all the unmarried couples to sit down. Then the newlyweds of less than a year sat down, then less than five years, ten years etc. The young wife and I (33 years) were in the final four, but we couldn't hold a candle to the groom's grandparents, who were the last ones standing -- married for 51 years. I've never encountered this tradition at a wedding before, but I thought it was a nice thing to do. (of course, you need a long song to pull this off; Always and Forever clocks in at 6:15)

It seems to be a popular wedding game. At a recent wedding with 200+ guests, we were surprised to be the second to last couple to sit down (the parents of the groom were the only ones remaining after we left the dance floor).

30 married, 32 together.

A few stretches not easy, but we both stayed to the end. Can't ask for more than that :)

Good enough to want to do it again and hoping #2 lasts as long :)

44 years married, will be 45 years in Oct, I was 19 and he was 20.

I married for the first time at age 77. That was 0.75 years ago. Marriages like mine (two men) have been legal only recently here in Nevada. (June, 2015) People have been wonderfully generous in wishing us well. I appreciate it, not knowing ahead of time what reactions would be. I congratulate all who have achieved long-lasting marriages. (Don't hold your breath for me!:greetings10:)

That is awesome Ted. Congrats. Find love where ever you can then hold on tight

Monday was our 24th. I was so nervous when I proposed. I was going to do it at dinner but i could not spit it out. We went next to to a little boutique hotel and i proposed in the lobby

I think DW believed in me sometimes more than i did. I am truly not worthy. The Great Recession brought us much closer together. Our business (construction) was tottering. But we made it through together

Married for 18 years and we're both 61. I had a practice marriage that lasted 13 years, and had a great son from it. She was widowed after only four years on her first, left with a two year old that is now 35. This marriage is to an angel and wouldn't give her up for the world.

37 years since wedding, together for 4 years before that. It takes 2 to make it work, but I'm very lucky on this one. I'd do it all over again with her! I think we were about 23/24, kind of young. Grew up a lot together in retrospect. Life partner most important decision on many levels. Nice when it works out.

37 so far.

30 years this past May. The second for me and the forth for her. She had to kiss a few toads before we met. She says if I go first she won't try her luck another time. Either it's too difficult to break in a new one or I spoiled her to take a chance again. :D

Cheers!

31 years. Due to our age difference, people predicted it wouldn't last; but of my 3 other friends who also got married in 1986 (to people in their age cohort, naturally) two have divorced.

Lived together since 93 so we often count that. 24 years.
"Officially" married in 2004 13 years.

35 and counting.

Some years ago I was telling someone about the trip that DW and I had taken to Alaska for our silver anniversary, and he interrupted me. He said - "You've been married 25 years?! . . . To the same woman??!!"

40 years, together 43! We got married at 20 & 21 and then worked every day together in our business for 39 years. It's been a great ride!

Back
Top Bottom