You're married now many years?

Tom52

Full time employment: Posting here.
DW and I are celebrating our 43rd wedding anniversary today. We married very young be today's average, she was barely 20 and I was 21. I was lucky, she is a keeper.

If you are willing to share your number of years of wedded bliss feel free to do so. Even if it has not been so blissful you can still throw out your number. I think there are a few of you out there that can top our number.

Jan will be 12 but DH would guess 29

39, split between two spouses.

35 years last month... but we're only 62.

I would say more blissful today that ever... the child raising years were difficult, in part because DS was a difficult child/teenager, but is doing ok now.

Last month, the young wife and I went to the wedding of a young couple in Atlanta. After much new music for all the young people, the DJ put on "Always and Forever" by Heatwave and invited all the couples to come up to slow dance. After a few moments, he told all the unmarried couples to sit down. Then the newlyweds of less than a year sat down, then less than five years, ten years etc. The young wife and I (33 years) were in the final four, but we couldn't hold a candle to the groom's grandparents, who were the last ones standing -- married for 51 years. I've never encountered this tradition at a wedding before, but I thought it was a nice thing to do. (of course, you need a long song to pull this off; Always and Forever clocks in at 6:15)

Last edited:
The first ended in divorce, but I got 2 great sons from it. My 2nd wife passed away, and I am totally blessed to find someone to share the rest of my life with now.
She also lost her spouse, so we are well aware of the vagaries of life.
We sent congrats to those of you who have been nmarried a long time.

Last edited:
Happily single!
Congratulations to all of you in long marriages. I don't think I would have that much patience!

No idea where it went

36 and change so far. Other than Mondays, most of it has gone by so fast it's a blur.

Twenty nine. Would have been 36 but she died.

The clock should start ticking again next year.

We've been married for 42 years. We married at 18!

No, she wasn't pregnant. No, we're not kin!

A couple of kids who really loved each other and wanted our own home. Our families chose to play handball and withheld college education if we got married. We did it our way, anyway.

Wasn't always easy but it has been rewarding.

Last edited:
Maybe Most Recently Married

I married for the first time at age 77. That was 0.75 years ago. Marriages like mine (two men) have been legal only recently here in Nevada. (June, 2015) People have been wonderfully generous in wishing us well. I appreciate it, not knowing ahead of time what reactions would be. I congratulate all who have achieved long-lasting marriages. (Don't hold your breath for me!:greetings10:)

0. Have been with the same woman the last 39 years though - longer than many who have been married.

12 (divorced), 17 (widowed), 11 (current & happy).

Twenty nine. Would have been 36 but she died.

The clock should start ticking again next year.

Congrats RobbieB. My mom and her second husband (nice guy, but weird to call him my step dad!), both had 50 year marriages before death interceded. They are getting close to 10 now, and seem to be blessed with another great marriage.

As for OP's question, DW and I have been together since 18/19, but waited all the way until 22/23 to get formally hitched. Will be 34 years this 12/31. (Free flowers in the church, and semester break for both our grad programs....) Looking forward to a very lengthy honeymoon, as we didn't get one the first time around!

37 years for us.

Last month, the young wife and I went to the wedding of a young couple in Atlanta. After much new music for all the young people, the DJ put on "Always and Forever" by Heatwave and invited all the couples to come up to slow dance. After a few moments, he told all the unmarried couples to sit down. Then the newlyweds of less than a year sat down, then less than five years, ten years etc. The young wife and I (33 years) were in the final four, but we couldn't hold a candle to the groom's grandparents, who were the last ones standing -- married for 51 years. I've never encountered this tradition at a wedding before, but I thought it was a nice thing to do...

The DJs in the weddings of my niece and my own daughter did this. I think this is common now. As our big family was there, of course my wife's eldest brother and his wife were always the last ones standing with close to 50 years (both my father and father-in-law had passed away).

Back
Top Bottom