Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-11-2022, 02:00 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountry View Post
I ... Main concern is that when I start build, I don't want the process dragging on due to labor shortage.
In our area it has materials more than labor. Windows ordered in mid-December arrived late May, for example. Because we started working with the builder early, he was able to identify and buy long lead items. For example, the day after the East coast hurricane damage last fall he ordered all the OSB and plywood for the job. Shingles ordered January. The shovel first hit the dirt during the second week of March. Garage door ordered IIRC April and we haven't seen it yet.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2023, 05:36 PM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets

Last 100 days. So busy lately. Just started learning Japanese as a new year's resolution. Does not even have time for the video games. I played Fire Emblem series from 6 thru 16 last year, wanted to get immersed when Engage comes out. Now it's sitting there, and I may play it during my next trip.
HillCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 12:16 PM   #43
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Last 100 days. So busy lately. Just started learning Japanese as a new year's resolution. Does not even have time for the video games. I played Fire Emblem series from 6 thru 16 last year, wanted to get immersed when Engage comes out. Now it's sitting there, and I may play it during my next trip.
Congratulations! One of the helpful things about this forum is the satisfaction of being able to come back to an old post when a goal seemed very far off and see it come to fruition. I imagine this would be the case in your situation.
ModestNestEgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 12:47 PM   #44
Give me a forum ...

Glad to hear you plan is paying off and you will soon FIRE. Please keep us posted on your ER adventures. We love success stories.

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 08:55 PM   #45
Recycles dryer sheets

Today is my target date. But as an old timer, there is something that I got to do: OMY.

There are various reasons, but I will stick with my current work a bit longer.

ちょっと待ってください...
HillCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 05:00 PM   #46
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Well congratulations on reaching your target date. At least it is your choice to work OMY because you want to and not because you have to. I am looking forward to your updates.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 05:23 PM   #47
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Today is my target date. But as an old timer, there is something that I got to do: OMY. There are various reasons, but I will stick with my current work a bit longer.

ちょっと待ってください...
I first heard about OMY on this website at a time when I was actually doing it but didn't know it was a thing. That turned into a series of OMYs, also for various reasons, until I really knew it was time. That was almost 4 years ago & I'm glad I waited.

Inflation was a non-factor for me at the time, but I expect it's a major factor for many right now.
lucky penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 10:17 AM   #48
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Well congratulations on reaching your target date. At least it is your choice to work OMY because you want to and not because you have to. I am looking forward to your updates.
+1
Old 05-07-2023, 10:25 AM   #49
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Today is my target date. But as an old timer, there is something that I got to do: OMY.

There are various reasons, but I will stick with my current work a bit longer.

ちょっと待ってください...
I'll see you here in a year, I have done the same. We have not started our house build and are sort of paydaying it, so that requires a few more paydays.
skyking1 is offline   Reply With Quote