calculation help

pinkmali

Dryer sheet wannabe
I've searched high and low for a calculator to give me the an idea of how much I need to save for early retirement. I'm kind of working backwards from the typical calculators. Specifically I would like to know how much to save monthly/ yearly for 1 million in 13 years w/ 8% return, starting out with $150k. Does anyone know where to find a calculator or how to setup an excel sheet to play around with? What would this calculation be called - present value of ....? I can try it myself w/ excel if I knew what it is called.
Thanks
Robin

astromeria said:

Just curious, your avatar looks familiar.  Is it a picture of the inside dome of the Pantheon in Rome?  I loved visiting that building a few years ago.  I still remember the amazing accoustics from the choir that was singing in there.

retire@40 said:
Just curious, your avatar looks familiar. Is it a picture of the inside dome of the Pantheon in Rome? I loved visiting that building a few years ago. I still remember the amazing accoustics from the choir that was singing in there.

as a certain rodent might say, ding! ding! ding! we have a winner! I've been hoping someone would recognize it or ask ;) Yep, it's the sunlight pouring down the hole in the Pantheon roof. It was astonishing despite the crowd present at the time.

The family of functions in excel that does what you want is pv, pmt, fv, ipmt, nper.

beg pardon, guvnah.

from answers.com:

The noun Lagomorpha has one meaning:

Meaning #1: rabbits; hares; pikas; formerly considered the suborder Duplicidentata of the order Rodentia
Synonym: order Lagomorpha

Back
Top Bottom