Career Change

Bankerwithabrain

Recycles dryer sheets
So it sounds like everyone on the boards thinks it is time for me to make a career change as I don't have the funds yet to FIRE but am sick with my current lifestyle. I think this is good advice and would like to take it.

My new question is, to what?!

I would say the major criteria I am looking for are:
1) In the tri-state area.
2) As lucrative possible. (I would still like to FIRE at some point).
3) Preferably a job that doesn't require sitting in front of a spreadsheet all day.
4) Preferably a job that would give me some outdoors or people interaction.

My skills are:
1) Corporate finance
2) Excel
3) Personable
4) Can write OK
5) Undergraduate degree in finance

Any suggestions?

I can't really know what you would enjoy doing, but here is my pseudo-retirement plan(s) (in no particular order):

*apply to graduate school, see if I can get a full ride + stipend (to cover expenses) to get PhD. not holding my breath, but there is a small chance.
*teach high school science and math
*get a job with the BLM
*get a job with the national park service.
*ski patrol

i tend to be more biased towards the options which include some type of pension.

what do you like to do? If your expenses are really $25k/yr, you shouldn't have a hard time covering that, unless flipping burgers is your passion.

So it sounds like everyone on the boards thinks it is time for me to make a career change as I don't have the funds yet to FIRE but am sick with my current lifestyle. I think this is good advice and would like to take it.
My new question is, to what?!
Any suggestions?
Yeah, I gotta suggestion. Are you sure you want to solicit career-changing advice from a discussion board devoted to early retirement? You might end up getting redirected to EarlyRetirementExtreme.com again...

Back
Top Bottom