Couple sells all, buys boat, sinks

Cheap boat, not well thought plans, done on a whim. They were lucky it happened day 2 and not further out. This was doomed before it started.

What f-word will you add for the golf cart? :LOL:

I have a mantra - if it flies, ****s or floats, don't buy it

could have saved them 10K

I need to add golf cart to that list

They've raised over $11,000 so far. I cannot believe people donate to them. They are young, don't want to work, and are paying the price for it. I would not bail them out, and I wouldn't donate to anyone where it was not a true emergency or tragedy. They need to go back to work and raise their own funds.

+1

To take a more generous view of the couple in the article, I would draw parallels with the Bumfuzzle couple. I first heard of them through this forum years ago, and they were part of the inspiration of our plans. They took off in a boat with little experience and sailed around the world. They've had other impressive adventures, and are currently back on a boat with two kids in the Bahamas. Hopefully the couple in the article are able to pull it together, learn from this failure, and have the life they are dreaming of.

At least the Bumfuzzle couple had a sufficient amount of money and were a little older if I remember correctly.

Their ebook is a free download on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Bumfuzzle-Pa...UTF8&qid=1518487202&sr=8-1&keywords=bumfuzzle

My lifelong dream of owning a Ferrari F60 has been shattered. I sold all of my possessions to buy a used Nissan Versa, but when I got it up to 120 MPH, the engine seized and the car caught fire. Now the faceless functionaries of the police state are forcing me to pay to have the wreck towed from the freeway. Please contribute to my GoFundMe...

I think flies covers my golf cart experience just fine.

golf cart isn't that bad, it just helped me gain about 15 pounds and provided too easy access to the clubhouse

My lifelong dream of owning a Ferrari F60 has been shattered. I sold all of my possessions to buy a used Nissan Versa, but when I got it up to 120 MPH, the engine seized and the car caught fire. Now the faceless functionaries of the police state are forcing me to pay to have the wreck towed from the freeway. Please contribute to my GoFundMe...

laughing+dog..JPG

I think flies covers my golf cart experience just fine.
You know him? He took me golf cart flying and I was on disability for three months.

I knew he had other victims.

Funny! I had actually typed "And these people are allowed to vote? :facepalm:" and thought better of it but we had the same idea.
A Federalist at heart recall that John Adams thought the removal of property qualifications for voting was going to be the downfall of the republic.

A Federalist at heart recall that John Adams thought the removal of property qualifications for voting was going to be the downfall of the republic.
I sometimes wonder if the removal of the poll tax was a good idea. I accept and understand that every citizen has the right to vote. I simply wonder how many treat this cornerstone of the foundation of Democracy with the respect it truly deserves.

My grandfather felt the same about the hoi polloi getting into golf.

Back
Top Bottom