first time home owner

Alexg

Confused about dryer sheets
Ive owned a home in the past,and id like to know how long it would take for me to be considered a first time home buyer again,or is that even possible??

If you're trying to qualify for some kind of 1st time buyer financing program they usually are upfront with the qualifications. From what I've seen they require no home ownership in the last 5 years. If not, how would anyone know after say 7 years when mortgages would drop off credit reports and tax records would not be expected beyond that time?

I don't know about the legalities of it. But, when it comes to the subjective aspects, I would imagine that you are a virgin home-buyer! So be sure to get a good realtor to help you along the way, and then trust yourself more than your realtor or anybody.

Die and be reincarnated....:D Seriously, you think that these special loan programs wouldnt have records of people that have used them in the past....

Last edited:
Most of the programs that I have read about state that you must not have owned a home in the past two years. Of course those were for programs in California and also for a VA loan.

Ditto the last poster. To qualify for first-time homebuyer programs again it's usually 2 years with no ownership interest in any property. (If it's a divorce situation it's more complicated) You should check with the specific program though. It might vary depending on who is underwriting it.

You need to check with the particular program you are interested in to see what thier rules are....if administered by the state, for example it could be 1st time homeowner in that particular state. Property records are public, so it would be easy to audit.

Back
Top Bottom