Join Early Retirement Today

Games for Kids
Old 11-20-2004, 12:49 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Games for Kids

This crowd seems to know about great places to buy anything. I'm just wondering if anyone knows where I can get the best price possible for kids games like foosball, air hockey, mini-pool, etc.?
Whisper9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Games for Kids
Old 11-21-2004, 07:45 AM   #2

Whisper:

Costco is sticking all of these games for the holiday season this year. I remember seeing a very nice air-hockey game there for less than $300 a week ago.

If you don't have a membership, perhaps you can find someone who'll let you use theirs.

Old 11-21-2004, 07:58 AM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Whisper:

Costco is sticking all of these games for the holiday season this year. I remember seeing a very nice air-hockey game there for less than $300 a week ago.

If you don't have a membership, perhaps you can find someone who'll let you use theirs.
Duh! What a great idea!

My parents actually got me a membership, but I rarely go there cuzz I can't stand the lines. I forgot all about it. I'll have to sneak over there sometime...
Old 11-21-2004, 08:03 AM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

The air hockey table I saw was just a little more than $300 - more like $800. Maybe they have a cheaper one if you go in to the store. But the main point of the post is that they have an online catalog.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...rodid=10047696
wzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 08:08 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
The air hockey table I saw was just a little more than $300 - more like $800. *Maybe they have a cheaper one if you go in to the store. *But the main point of the post is that they have an online catalog.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...rodid=10047696
Thx. I'll browse around although that price is way out of what I want to spend!
Old 11-22-2004, 04:09 PM   #6

Whisper,

I just happened to stop at Costco today and thought of you., So I took some notes while I was there.

In the store they have a 7.5-foot air hockey game for $279.99, a 7.5-foot '6-in-1' game (billiards, 9-ball, table tennis, poker, craps and black jack) for $379.99 and a rod hockey game with electronic scoring for $229.99.

I didn't try any of them out, but they looked like decent quality and value for the money.

The lines after work on weekdays aren't too bad (yet).

HTH,

EngrGal
Old 11-22-2004, 05:11 PM   #7
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Whisper,

I just happened to stop at Costco today and thought of you., So I took some notes while I was there.

In the store they have a 7.5-foot air hockey game for $279.99, a 7.5-foot '6-in-1' game (billiards, 9-ball, table tennis, poker, craps and black jack) for $379.99 and a rod hockey game with electronic scoring for $229.99.

I didn't try any of them out, but they looked like decent quality and value for the money.

The lines after work on weekdays aren't too bad (yet).

HTH,

EngrGal
Thank you. That's very nice!

My son may get spoiled this Christmas. I live in an apt right now and am considering getting rid of my couch cuzz we don't use it that often and putting some kids games in there. I didn't want to spend quite that much, but it's very tempting as I know how happy it would make the little guy. Gotta think about the budget now!
Old 11-24-2004, 04:49 AM   #8
Recycles dryer sheets

Send a message via AIM to yelnad Send a message via Yahoo to yelnad

Sam's Club also has similar things. I remember some kids there "testing" them out last weekend.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:55 PM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets

As a follow up, Walmart saved the day! *I got a $50 Air Hockey table and a $50 Foosball table there. *Unbelievable values. *They're not super high quality but are perfect for a five year old...