House Hunting...

Under FIRE said:
But SC did wait till 0.03 left on the clock to snuff the Irish. :dead:

So the winning team owes their victory to the fact that they fumbled with 7 seconds left on the clock. After watching football for more than 50 years I thought I'd seen almost everything... :eek:

I bet you could find some inexpensive property in New Orleans. :LOL:

Eagle43 said:
I bet you could find some inexpensive property in New Orleans.  :LOL:

That's the scary thing about this market. I heard speculators rushed in to buy "fixer-uppers" and the prices have been run up.

My heart was officially ripped out saturday! Greatest game I've ever watched, though. Fantastic, going down in history of that rivalry.

I haven't been back to this site since shortly after I originally posted this. First, I can't believe the number of responses. Thank you all for that. You gave me some good perspectives and things to think about.

Second, UnderFire.... FIGHT ON! I'm still reeling over last Saturday's game. I think we have a rival to reckon with in years to come. Cracks me up that this post suddenly became "rivalry board" because of my chosen signon name.

Brief, unorganized responses to everyone:

1) The commute, and renting closer to work. I agree there are great rentals in this area. I used to rent in Park LaBrea. The prices and the apartments are decent. I'm going to stay where I am for now, and continue to save. I can stand the commute for about another 12-18 months.

2) Long Beach, Santa Clarita or any other area that might be affordable is not worth the commute for me.

3) I agree the bubble bursting is coming. Who knows when, but I plan to have significant capital to be ready to move. In addition to my current savings of 70k taxable (30k MFs, and 40k Money Market and cash alternatives to be safe and liquid), I'm putting away about 3-4k/mo in the taxable accounts. Plus the max in my 401k. I should have over 100k in taxable funds by the middle of next year. My girlfriend is also putting away $500/mo.

4) Other expenses coming: wedding ring :eek:, Wedding:confused: :eek:, my car is a '94 bmw 318i and will need replacing within the next couple of years.

So, to sum up...

Fight on! Beat the Huskies!

Keep renting until prices change or my financial situation changes dramatically.

My next posts will be obvious: wedding ring buying advice, and car buying advice. (Don't repsond now. I'll post later.)

Eric

Back
Top Bottom