Laid off

recursive

Confused about dryer sheets
After working for a couple years post-college, I got into the idea of spending considerably less than I make, and for the past year or so, I've been aiming for the early retirement thing in about 15 years (early-40s). (My estimates are fairly conservative, and I might be able to earlier, but I want to have enough to in essence not be spending the principal in retirement, since the advancing pace of technology makes me think it's hard to predict the potential lifespan of someone in their 20s today.)

So, a couple months ago, I was laid off with a healthy severance, etc. I'm finally getting around to looking for a job, now.

It's been a great 'dry run' for early retirement. Aside from the negative cash flow of the current situation, it's been quite enjoyable and confirms my desire for early retirement. :)

I am going through the same phase currently myself - I am FI as such and 35, and currently just finalizing work stuff (part time/meetings/hand over Etc.) at my global fortune 500.

Tell us more about how you experienced the dry-run.

Personally I already wonder how the heck I had time for a full time job. I feel more relaxed - but at times I can't stop myself from thinking in "work mode". Stuff like I gotta get up to do this or that, or that I "have" to go to bed early on a sunday to not be totally trashed on Monday morning.... :D

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom