Making Progress!!

Huntnful

Dryer sheet aficionado
My personal taxed account just hit $100k!! I started it in July with $50k from my tax return and down grading my truck. I’m shooting for an 8 year path to retirement or at least semi/optional retirement. My 401k also just hit $200k, so this is the first time at the $300k mark! Started January 1 of last year with this new mindset and $132k as my only savings which was in my 401k. Well over doubling my net worth in under a year and a half feels amazing!!

Don’t lose interest after the low hanging fruit is captured. Slow incremental progress by LBYM takes longer but adds up just the same over time. Congratulations!

Don’t lose interest after the low hanging fruit is captured. Slow incremental progress by LBYM takes longer but adds up just the same over time. Congratulations!
+1. Track income and expenses with some system. Seeing the dollars fly does the trick for me.

Just keep it up. To me the hard part is getting enough in investments to start the snowball rolling. After that it gets easier because compounding starts to work. I think you are already starting the snowball for sure. 500K will really have you compounding those amounts big time.

In any case , you are well on your way. Just keep it moving in the right direction. You seem to be moving fast.

Last edited:
Congrats! Just remember to "live" some on the way to your magic number, as none of us are guaranteed a tomorrow.

Yes, accumulation is mesmerizing, and addictive. It makes me not want to spend money anymore (along with my wife [humor]). But I'd reiterate what KimCDougC said...balance in everything! You never know what life will bring your way. Enjoy some of the next 8 years or so. I had a friend who was planning to retire on Maui at 50, then BAM! He was broadsided while driving in SF, and ended up with two steel rods stabilizing his spine. He's doing ok now, some 20 years later, but is a bit stiff, and the accident has limited what he can do in retirement.

Back
Top Bottom