Milestone Twofer

pksublime

Dryer sheet aficionado
Well I just checked and it's confirmed, I have a double milestone this month.

First, NW broke $200k.

I think the more important one though is that our pure retirement accounts broke $100k! They are about a 50/50 split between Roth and Traditional funds.

I'm very glad we were able to accomplish this before I turned 30, but I still can't help but think we're still behind.

Last edited:
Well I just checked and it's confirmed, I have a double milestone this month.

First, NW broke $200k.

I think the more important one though is that our pure retirement accounts broke $100k! They are about a 50/50 split between Roth and Traditional funds.

I'm very glad we were able to accomplish this before I turned 30, but I still can't help but think we're still behind.

Um, no. You are babies :) and are ahead of almost everyone your age (actually ahead of most everyone, period)! So awesome, both milestones. Watch that nest egg grow.

Congrats! Hope to hit those two in a few months myself. DH is 30 and I am 32 and I think you are well ahead of the curve. Got to remember that an early retirement forum is full of outliers. :)

Congrats! You should definitely be proud of your milestones.

Congrats pksublime! You are well on your way. I had just started at 29 so you are way ahead of where I was. Keep LBYM'ing and investing and you'll be sipping a margarita on a beach in no time!

Caoineag is right, we need to remind ourselves from time to time that these forums are not representative of the 'average' saver. Regardless, you are doing very well, especially for your age. And that is another thing ... I am a little suspicious of just how old the majority of 'Young Dreamers' on here actually are :cool:. You might be comparing yourself unfairly to people who are much further along on the FIRE journey.

Um, no. You are babies :) and are ahead of almost everyone your age (actually ahead of most everyone, period)! So awesome, both milestones. Watch that nest egg grow.

+1! Congrats on the achievement! A significant one, for sure. We are both 35 and are pretty much in the same page (about $200K between cash and investments, not counting value of home nor anything else) and, if it makes you feel any better, I feel the same way you do most of the times: way, way behind, specially after reading these pages... BUT as we all know, this wonderful place is a conglomerate of exceptions, non-followers, non-conformists and certainly non-average folks when it comes to finances. So (and I tell myself this as well every day) look around you, let reality sink in, realize that you are also an exception, and be proud of every last minute of it.

I am 32 and you are doing much better than I at saving for retirement. My friends would probably agree a did a lot of "living life" though and I put the partial blame on immaturity. My dad tried to teach me, but It just didn't catch on for me. Congratulations and thank you for inspiring!

well done OP. You're way ahead of the game...Many at your age are still paying off student/car loan. I had about 25K saved up by the time I was 30 years old in 1994.

Congrats! you are doing great.

I am 28 and my NW is 145k...... 5k in the investment account, 15k cash and the rest in my house :facepalm:

Last edited:
That is great OP. Don't worry about going to slow or being behind. You are still in the relatively linear accumulation phase. As time goes on, the compounding effect should start to take hold.

Well I just checked and it's confirmed, I have a double milestone this month. First, NW broke $200k. I think the more important one though is that our pure retirement accounts broke $100k! They are about a 50/50 split between Roth and Traditional funds. I'm very glad we were able to accomplish this before I turned 30, but I still can't help but think we're still behind.

That is outstanding and a nice achievement. Keep it up!

You are just fine! Building the foundation of your retirement is the hardest and longest part but just as AndrewJackson said, the compounding will begin taking effect and you will be amazed!

Back
Top Bottom