North Korea!!!!!

And another thing................being to the right
of almost everyone (Rush Limbaugh is liberal compared to me) makes things pretty simple for me. I met an old friend today who said that if I kept on writing letters
to the editor of the local paper, people would think I
was an anarchist.. I said "That's okay. I am an anarchist!" It's absolutely true.

JG

Here we have Bush pressuring us to sign on to missile defence.

Multi, multi billions. Like the ABM defence contractors?

Who is going to launch "Missiles" at North America?

If anyone, N. Korea or Iran wants to do it, a couple of shrimp boats into Seattle or LA in containers, and off to major cities and the job's done.

If you don't think you are are up to the job, look at 9-11, or the bogus WMD.

It amazes me how one's point of view on something is so frequently categorized--i.e. "left", "right", etc

This type of "thinking" (or lack thereof), in my opinion, is the barrier that has to be broken.

When classification becomes a qualifier for judgement, we all lose--and become robots to a larger plot.

Me...I'm of human race, like some things, dislike some things, and try to USE my brain vs. have it conditioned...

Which brings me to...I believe we are going through a revolutionary change in the world.  It begins here in the US (the superpower)....The world's engine is changing...just look @ the demographics shift and "patriotism"....nothing more than a marketing tactic to leverage fear...what does it REALLY mean?

I'm amazed at how little pub Korea's claim is getting, the war is getting, yet I know what questions Michael Jackson will be asked in his trial...

The truth?  "America" isn't "America" any more...and the powers that be are scared shitless of this fact....and quite frankly...out of touch with what it means to value diversity...on all levels.  The old model is broken...

I wonder how much longer the internet will be around....

What would REALLY be scary is if unity came in the form of religion and (brown vs. non-brown). Imagine someone stirring the pot to plot Muslims vs Christians---compounded with brown people oppression vs non-brown. I AM NOT AN ADVOCATE FOR THIS...but if this code is exploited....really look out....

Most of the conflict in the history of the world, as empirical as it seems, can be reduced to these levels---and we all know it doesn't take much to get people these days to do anything....

Hey Tommy. It upsets my breakfast to read all this Doom and Gloom first thing in the morning. Try to b a
bit more upbeat. :)

And, Zipper, re. your "multi multi billions", they are going to waste it anyway. Unless they are wasting it by sending you the money (positive) or by pushing stuff that will
damage you personally (negative), why gnash your teeth? Expecting your government (or mine) to do anything very sensible (or fair) is akin to losing touch
with reality. I enjoy discussing it, but it won't change,
only get worse. I would "bet the farm" on this.

JG

Mr. Galt is quite the optimist this morning. Republicans/conservatives tend to be more optimistic, it seems to me, than the other party. This next year will get very very ugly. Desperate people do desperate things, and this shrill, hateful, and divisive rhetoric will just just continue to grow.

For the record..............I am consistently optimistic about
myself and what I can do. I am consistently cyniical about most others and what they can/will do. This is a very
important distinction.

JG

JG--I think Kim Il Jong learned from Marie not to tell his people to eat that. :D

Tommy--I really am not surprised at the amount of coverage. NK's revelations were a little late. The CIA and all already guessed they had nukes and started telling everyone. So basically the media would be covering a story that is old news. As far as the war coverage goes, that dosen't surprise me either. Durign the "peace" between the Gulf Wars the US and British were going out daily and bombing prolly at least every other day, but that was not covered. What could the news say except, the planes went out, again, and bombed a SAM site, again, and blew stuff up, again. The American people would stop watching because it's not new news.

North Korea is a chickensh** little country, and their leader is an idiot, who really thinks he can bluff Bush into one-on-one talks. He probably got that when he bluffed Clinton into same, and look what that got us. And of course, he can listen to the Dems, whose hatred of GWB can only sound encouraging to him.

Ignore the fool. Serve him up to the Chinese. They will let him know in no uncertain terms the consequences of starting a war on Korean pennisula and messing up the Chinese booming economy. The sad thing is he's starving his people. He's worse than Sadaam and should be removed. Of course, we're not the world's policeman, are we? So, defer to the Chinese. They will handle it. Alas, when Kim Jong Il (sp?) is removed, guess who gets to foot the bill to repair the damage he's done to his country.

Notice I did not say let the UN handle it. Question: Can the UN do anything significant, except criticize the USA? I refer to the Sudan, to Iraq, North Korea, go back to Vietnam, to the entire Middle East? Anything? Oh wait, they can steal money.

You know, that is interesting. I can't think of anything
significant done by the UN either. Maybe I wasn't paying
attention :)

JG

It was in the UN general assembly that the Russian bluff regarding nukes in Cuba was called. Had this not happened, one can only imagine where we would be today.

It was in the UN general assembly that the Russian bluff regarding nukes in Cuba was called. Had this not happened, one can only imagine where we would be today.

Marshall: It was JFK that called their bluff. I was a young Ex-Marine at the time, and most of us thought it was JFK's finest hour.
Our intelligence was aware of the scores of missle silos already in place in Cuba.
We were also aware of the missles aboard the Russian vessel that was headed for Cuba.
When JFK announced to the world that the Russian ship either turn back, or the U.S. would launch "full retalitory" attack against the enemys of the U.S., it definantly focused national attention on that ship.
When that ship turned and headed back to Russia, there was a national sigh of relief.
That was over 40 years ago now, and because of the tension during the "cold war" period, I, and many others felt that it was only a matter of time before somebody made a huge mistake.
Knock on wood.

Marshall:  It was JFK that called their bluff.  I was a young Ex-Marine at the time, and most of us thought it was JFK's finest hour.
Our intelligence was aware of the scores of missle silos already in place in Cuba.
We were also aware of the missles aboard the Russian vessel that was headed for Cuba.
When JFK announced to the world that the Russian ship either turn back, or the U.S. would launch "full retalitory" attack against the enemys of the U.S., it definantly focused national attention on that ship.
When that ship turned and headed back to Russia, there was a national sigh of relief.
That was over 40 years ago now, and because of the tension during the "cold war" period, I, and many others felt that it was only a matter of time before somebody made a huge mistake.
Knock on wood.

Jarhead,
I was a young airman in Europe at the time. We really got close and I admired JFK for what he did. The UN did give us a place to talk, but without JFK's resolve, the outcome may have been different.

I go back to my original idea. The UN is virtually worthless. What was it, 17 resolutions against Sadaam? Gulf War I had about 85% US troops and was paid for by the Saudis. How about Iran or Korea? We gonna beg and plead for these rogue nations to get peaceable? Even Bill Clinton, of all people, had to initiate actions in Eastern Europe WITHOUT UN sanctions. Saw a tv program the other nite describing how UN workers were fathering babies and encouraging prostitution in the Congo. We all know about Oil for Food fiasco. I read Paul Theroux's "From Cairo to Capetown" travelogue, where he describes the arrogance of the UN and other charity workers in Africa. Even the recent Tsunami required huge input from good ole USA. And then one of the UN idiots actually had the termerity to criticize us.

I consider the UN a group of Lilliputians, yapping at our heels, day after day. They give a legal facade to military actions, and occasionally they provide charity (provided we ante up).
;)

The north koreans are real comedians when it comes to political negotiations. I remember hearing a story a few years ago that during some negotiations with us some time ago, every time the negotiators took a break, the north koreans would come in and cut another inch off the legs of the US negotiators chairs.

Its only going to get worse when Kim-Jong Il passes the torch to his son, Men-tahly.
:-X

This is a crappy little country that lives below a 3rd world poverty line. They have absolutely nothing, and nothing to lose. Their only hope it to parlay a nuke threat into some sort of aid package and run it all so nobody at home loses face or power.

They'll get it. We'll pay them off after much chest thumping and scary inch high newspaper headlines.

Iran...different story altogether. I predict the situation there may be the catalyst for WWIII in whatever form it takes. I cant see that its anything other than a matter of time. And unlike our reasonable adversaries in the cold war, I dont believe the Iranians have a huge compunction against using their nukes. In fact, in the face of our carrier groups, they'd have no choice. The screenplay for this scenario has already been played out a bunch of times in the last ten years. Get bombed into a 10,000 hole golf course by our air power over a multiple month campaign followed by your demoralized and half destroyed ground forces being overrun.

Iran...different story altogether.  I predict the situation there may be the catalyst for WWIII in whatever form it takes.  I cant see that its anything other than a matter of time.  And unlike our reasonable adversaries in the cold war, I dont believe the Iranians have a huge compunction against using their nukes.  In fact, in the face of our carrier groups, they'd have no choice.  The screenplay for this scenario has already been played out a bunch of times in the last ten years.  Get bombed into a 10,000 hole golf course by our air power over a multiple month campaign followed by your demoralized and half destroyed ground forces being overrun.

TH: Don't worry about a thing. Nobody knows where Yuba City is located :)

Back
Top Bottom