Raise!

bright eyed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just got off the phone w/ my boss - he wanted to tell me about my raise before it showed up in my check this week!!!

yahoo!

15%

I've more than doubled my salary (2.6 to be exact) since starting six years ago...not bad huh?

Will put most of it to nearly max my 403b...for some reason i'm holding back the 50 bucks that would max me...hmmm

rest will go toward finishing off my emergency fund and then my roth and after tax acct i've been saving up for!!!

gotta put it away before i give over to T*arget... :LOL:

Take your self or significant other out to a nice dinner or something to celebrate.

15%, what a nice surprise !

- John

bright eyed said:
I've more than doubled my salary (2.6 to be exact) since starting six years ago...not bad huh?

Not bad at all. That means your average raise was 17.3%! Keep that up, and you'll be a billionaire in no time. :)

ah well, i do work in a non-profit - and i know where the ceiling is :p not there yet, but in a few years...

but i can still do the dance of joy for now! :D

Bright eyes.... congrats!!!!

Now for my fun.. :LOL: :LOL:

When the starting salary is only $8k per year...

Sorry.. had to do it!!!

Congrats. Enjoy it... you earned it.

Texas Proud said:
Bright eyes.... congrats!!!!

Now for my fun.. :LOL: :LOL:

When the starting salary is only $8k per year...

Sorry.. had to do it!!!

doh! how'd you know? :-[

not that far off though :D :D

Congrats, please forward application. (+17.3 yr)

To tell the truth... I am at the point that I would not mind doing my last few years working for a charity.... I have thought about teaching at a community college, but have not pursued it in many years...

As long as I got something decent... I would do it..

That's a nice raise! I think I might have actually topped out in direct compensation for the next couple years. But hopefully there will be other things thrown in the mix ;)

You are SOOO blessed! This year, my employer got "generous" and decided to fund the salary survey. But last year they decided that we needed to contribute .5% of income more each year until we go from the former 8% to 11%. And my medical premiums jumped by 30%. So out of my whopping 2.5% COL raise, I will actually net about 1%, and I'm bumping my 401k (not employer matched) contribution by 2%, so I'm actually going to go home with less.

i do feel very fortunate!

we also have eeeexcellent benefits - full health covering family w/ no cost to us - i think that's at least $500 per month and they include domestic partners.

our health care provider even remarked a last year how so many of their clients - mostly corporate - were requiring people to pay a portion of the cost.

have had two excellent maternity leaves too :LOL:

i try to keep all this in mind when i get too stressed out or tired of staring at the computer...my dad told me to never leave this job!

A 15% raise is outstanding. You've done a great job of increasing your earned income, which is also taxed the highest. Just don't neglect the unearned income and you will be set for life. :)

You must be doing some thing right, keep it up and FIRE will appear. Or at least FI, the RE part is up to you.

Back
Top Bottom