Re: Will

Azanon said:
I would love to view your responses not as personal attacks, but there have been a few of them so far. If you want to end the personal attacks, I'm more than willing to reciprocate.

That is the hindrance of the Internet, people often can't tell if someone is being facetious, taking a shot, or whatever.

As you may notice, 99% of the forum has chosen at this point to ignore our little diatribe, they have moved on. Perhaps it is time for us to close this thread, and move on too..................... :D

FinanceDude said:
That is the hindrance of the Internet, people often can't tell if someone is being facetious, taking a shot, or whatever.

As you may notice, 99% of the forum has chosen at this point to ignore our little diatribe, they have moved on. Perhaps it is time for us to close this thread, and move on too..................... :D

That's true, and maybe i'm not being totally fair. Perhaps I assumed guilt by association (since you were posting alongside Brewer). There is no question Brewer (verbally) attacks me from time to time. You actually seem like a nice guy, now that I think about it :)

I like Brewer, he cracks me up all the time. Funny thing is, he is like a big brother, although I am older than him.

He ripped on me pretty good when I first joined the forum. I think between my posts, and some PMs we have sent back and forth, we are not as different as we both thought, although he is no doubt a happy man today, and I'm feeling like a whipped dog after last night's results.......... :D :D

FinanceDude said:
I'm feeling like a whipped dog after last night's results.......... :D :D

FWIW< I actually hope both sides decide that the best way to go is bipartisan compromise. That's what has been missing for years.

brewer12345 said:
FWIW< I actually hope both sides decide that the best way to go is bipartisan compromise. That's what has been missing for years.

I'm gonna have to mark this day on my calendar...I agree!

brewer12345 said:

Would be nice. But the jaded sob I am thinks that wont be the case.

I dont want them to have to compromise. Now that "we've" got the house and the senate, lets get the judges and the president position too (two years from now) and undo some of this mess they've created.

Azanon said:
I dont want them to have to compromise. Now that "we've" got the house and the senate, lets get the judges and the president position too (two years from now) and undo some of this mess they've created.

That will only work if the Dems use the opportunity to address major issues facing America. If they go down the impeachment/hate Bush trail, 2008 will not be kind.

If they bring policy through Congress, and the minority Republicans try to block it, the Dems will probably win in 2008.

It all depends on HOW the Dems use the opportunity before them. Keep in mind, the swing vote this time was Independent/undecideds that voted Dem 2 to 1 versus 2004 when they voted Repub 2 to 1.

Gotta get those soccer moms on your side............... :) :)

More importantly, the country has a lot of problems/challenges that need to be dealt with NOW, not in 2008 or whenever. That will require both parties to work together and cmpromise.

brewer12345 said:
More importantly, the country has a lot of problems/challenges that need to be dealt with NOW, not in 2008 or whenever. That will require both parties to work together and cmpromise.

Our local conservative stations had Republican Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner on their stations. I have met Jim several times, and he is a straight shooter. He was the head of the Judiciary Committee before the election, and obviously will be stepping down from that role.

He's pretty confidant the Dems are going to try to get a bunch of major policy bills and things debated and passed in the next 2 years, to show the American people they are for addressing issues. He thought there was LITTLE chance there would be a big impeachment push, although he knew that the Dems had done some due diligence in that area. His final thought was about Iraq. He had spoken to Nancy Pelosi a number of times, and believes she is adamant about the Iraq govt taking responsibility and pushing them to get their police force and other security people in place so the US can cut their troop numbers. She told Jim the Iraqis have been living off the US military for 3 years, and it's time THEY took the ball and ran with it.

If that is the path the Speaker takes in the future, a harder line with Iraq, I have no problem with that. We'll see what the Baker Commission comes up with........

Back
Top Bottom