S&P500 for 30 Years

popowich

Recycles dryer sheets
Hello,

I'm 30 years from when I can touch my 401K.

Is there any reason not to have all of it in the lowest fee option the S&P500 equivalent if I can balance my overall portfolio with more gloabl like options in other vehicles such as my Roth IRA?

-Raymond

None at all. Look at all your accounts as one portfolio and select the best options for each account. If anyone looked at just my 401k or DW's 401k or our taxable accounts separately they'd think we were not very diversified. Together they are highly diversified. We had to hold natural resources and real estate in particular outside the 401k's, since they didn't offer those kinds of funds.

Hello,

I'm 30 years from when I can touch my 401K.

Is there any reason not to have all of it in the lowest fee option the S&P500 equivalent if I can balance my overall portfolio with more gloabl like options in other vehicles such as my Roth IRA?

-Raymond

:D My Nephew lasted ten years until he listened to his Navy buddies and read Four Pillars.

I 'could' tell you don't read books, forget all that global crap, and when you get old, Pssst - Wellesley. but nobody listens to me and there is this hormone thing for which there is no cure - it is physically impossible to believe it is that simple. Resistance is futile - although kayaks 'might' offer hope as an alternate therapy.

heh heh heh - anywise he promised to keep his original core S&P while he goes on to wife, kids, house, 'other assets', etc. :rolleyes: :cool:

BTW - in forty years I never followed my own advice - hindsight and 20/20 being what they are :angel:.

OK, sorry, I had a little bit of troubles decrypting that information.

Are you saying go for it, but you doubt I can stick to it?

-Raymond

:D

Pssst - the Kaderli's. I believe they are still (1991) going strong with 95% S&P stocks.

subject to their confirmation of course.

heh heh heh - :cool:. Tongue in cheek wise don't cha just love those Pssst's. The few, the proud, the ER'd.

P.S. chickenheartedness is an acceptable investment strategy - VG Target 2015 is my big dog.

Last edited:
OK, sorry, I had a little bit of troubles decrypting that information.

Like all fine poetry, Uncle M's work would be destroyed by translation. The best way to experience it is to print it out, press it to your bosom and go Nam-i-o ho ren gyeko with eyes closed.

Ha

Resistance is futile - although kayaks 'might' offer hope as an alternate therapy.

BTW - in forty years I never followed my own advice - hindsight and 20/20 being what they are :angel:.

In my case kayak is the alternative therapy.
coolsmiley.gif

Back
Top Bottom