Join Early Retirement Today

Special Invitation
Old 03-01-2006, 04:24 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Special Invitation

Big News! Little ol’ moi received in today’s mail a Special Invitation and two VIP tickets to attend “The Celebrity Conference”. The invitation features a photo of Donald Trump and reads as follows:

Because you were referred to me, I wanted to personally invite you as my VIP guest to hear my story and be trained by “4” of my personal mentors, who are some of the wealthiest self-made multi-millionare experts in America. We will share with you our unique wealth creating secrets and strategies. As my special VIP guest, I have inclosed two (2) complimentary tickets and you will recieve a free special edition of “TRUMP – Think Like A Billionare” at the conference. The normal tuition of $149 is waived for you.

At this once in a lifetime financial conference you will learn how to:
1. Regularly buy real estate for 31%-57% below value.
2. Use the 21 money-making secrets millionaires are using.
3. Legally cut all capital gains tax to “0” on the sale of real estate, stocks, or your business.
4. Lower your 2006 tax bill by 31%.
5. Retire in 2 to 5 years with an additional cash flow of $9,100 per month.
6. Protect 100% of your assets from all lawsuits, liens, levies, bankruptcy, or even a divorce
7. Get government approved investments guaranteeing 16% to 50% return.
8. Learn how one high school graduate made three million dollars in 3 years.

Turn this special invitation over to see the location, date, and time of the event. Please give me a call soon to reserve your seat. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Signed
Reed West
President – The Celebrity Conference.

Uh Oh. The conference is on March 11, and I have a conflict. Darn!

If anyone else on the forum is interested in atttending, let me know. I’ll make you a special offer of 50% off the regular ticket price including shipping and handling. All you Young Dreamers out there, $149 is a bargain to be able to “Retire in 2 to 5 years with an additional cash flow of $9,100 per month.” Not to mention the free book from “The Donald”.

By the way, the tickets, which also feature a photo of Mr. Trump, include the following information in very small print:

Special appearances by Donald Trump’s closest associates Kelly Perdew & Merideth McIver. While Mr. Trump appears at some of our conferences, he will not appear at this event.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Special Invitation
Old 03-01-2006, 05:19 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

It must be some proven psychological ploy, using non-round numbers. "31-57%" "$9,100"
laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:26 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I got the invite also. I quickly scheduled unnecessary oral surgery on that day
JPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:47 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Any schmuck can find real estate at a 30% discount, but 31% or better-- wow!

And, hey, when it comes to protecting assets in a divorce, it's hard to find someone more experienced than Donald!

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo!
By the way, the tickets, which also feature a photo of Mr. Trump, include the following information in very small print:

Special appearances by Donald Trump’s closest associates Kelly Perdew & Merideth McIver.* While Mr. Trump appears at some of our conferences, he will not appear at this event.
http://www.kellyperdew.com/
This one won the Apprentice show and now he's hawking get rich quick seminars??

I'm So not impressed. :
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:19 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl
I'm So not impressed.* :
West Point grad, Army Ranger, consultant/sales guy extraordinaire, Kelly's got a lot of irons in the fire.

If you'd just use those free tickets, he'd be able to tell you all about them!

Having watched most of his Apprentice episodes, I appreciated his comment that he won because he's already accustomed to having zero personal privacy combined with sleep deprivation & extreme pressure...

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

Old 03-02-2006, 01:27 PM   #7
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords
he won because he's already accustomed to having zero personal privacy combined with sleep deprivation & extreme pressure...
Most parents should do well then...
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:28 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute n' Fuzzy Bunny
Most parents should do well then...
I think most parents would smack The Donald upside the right side of his head, where the combover is at its heaviest, and inquire as to who he thinks he's foolin' with that dead muskrat on his skull...

Oh, wait, we're not supposed to solve that problem!

If Donald shaved his head, Dennis Kozlowski would have to find a new secret identity.

Old 03-02-2006, 05:43 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

I'd be afraid that the thing has teeth or something. Might be a badger or prairie dog or a beaver or something.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:25 AM   #10
Full time employment: Posting here.

I also just received the same invitation yesterday ... it is always nice to be referred.

But alas, I would only be interested in going if I could be shown the secret to regularly buy real estate at 58% or more below value. I do not like the fact that these guys will only show me the secret up to 57%, so I am holding out for a better secret.

Lusitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:13 AM   #11
Give me a forum ...

I wouldnt go to a club/meeting that would invite me.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute n' Fuzzy Bunny
I wouldnt go to a club/meeting that would invite me.
But they didn't! But since I feel the same way, you can have my invitation.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:13 PM   #13
Recycles dryer sheets

people sell these tickets on e-bay and craiglist.

I went to a similar conference once. I got the tickets free and decided to stop by for the morning. It was amazing to see how willing people were to fork over large sums of money on a moments notice (thousands for some products) on the word of a salesman. The room was packed, music thumping, huge screen projecting images and graphs in the background, and people enthralled by the whole concept of easy money.

It made me sick to see how many old people were there.
shorttimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 05:13 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorttimer
... and people enthralled by the whole concept of easy money.
Hey, the attendees were right! They just didn't realize that they were also the donors of that easy money.

Old 03-03-2006, 05:53 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Like that old joke, "guy reads an ad in the paper saying: 'make easy money, send $1 and a self addressed stamped envelope to this address.'".....
laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:26 PM   #16
Recycles dryer sheets

Laurance, it wasn't about a dollar. The conference I went to sold some crazy legal kit of over six thousand and a stock picking software package for almost four thousand.

I was thinking if you spend six thousand on legal software your money might be better spent on a good attorney.

This was not THE DONALD conference, but I would love for someone here to go and post about it.
shorttimer is offline   Reply With Quote