Tracking finances

HaHa said:
Well, I am impressed. I can't even forecast whether I will have sex in the coming week, let alone what my finances will be 40 years from now.

Ha

When it "comes" to sex, no forcast is necessary. I know I haven't had it for a long while and I know I ain't gonna have it for a while longer. No need for a crystal ball here. Of course, I am talking with another person. ;)

vagabond said:
When it "comes" to sex, no forcast is necessary. I know I haven't had it for a long while and I know I ain't gonna have it for a while longer. No need for a crystal ball here.

Just throw on a little "Frank", or whatever you use for "mood music", a glass of good Vino,
and snuggle up with your spread-sheet, for a perfect Sat. Night. 8)

You'll stay out of trouble for sure that way.

I have Quicken Deluxe 2004 sitting on the shelf here, unloaded and never used. With ER starting this Friday, June 30, I was thinking I now will have time to use it. Is this 2004 version OK to get started with or should I go pop for the latest version and have it from the get-go?
thanks.

youbet

youbet said:
I have Quicken Deluxe 2004 sitting on the shelf here, unloaded and never used.  With ER starting this Friday, June 30, I was thinking I now will have time to use it.  Is this 2004 version OK to get started with or should I go pop for the latest version and have it from the get-go?

Loyalty is a great thing. You arived at  ER with 2004, so I'd say ride the one who brung ya, but just be sure you load her properly.

Ha

It's amazing how a innocuous thread such as "tracking finance expenses" quickly morphs into sex talk. Not that I'm complaining or anything.... :angel:

I bought Quicken Premier and found it to be a PIA, IMHO. I felt like I was back in my bean counting days using general ledger systems before I crossed over into IT. I just do not want to set-up a chart of accounts, produce P & L's and balance for personal fiscal activities. Then there's the whole reconciliation and journal entering "plug" numbers to make my accounts balance. Way too anal for me. :p Another thing the "ka-ching" sound everytime I did a bank entry was truly annoying (yeah, I could've turn off the sound if I wanted to)

Sooo, I will be creating an Excel spreadsheet with budget and actuals per month and year. This is also anal, but I won't be worrying about balancing accounts at month end.

Sorry, I can't comment on regular Quicken or Money since I've never had the pleasure of using the software.

youbet said:
I have Quicken Deluxe 2004 sitting on the shelf here, unloaded and never used.  With ER starting this Friday, June 30, I was thinking I now will have time to use it.  Is this 2004 version OK to get started with or should I go pop for the latest version and have it from the get-go?
Yep, try it and see how you like it before you waste money on more Intuit software.

I believe the installation program will still attempt to download the half-dozen bug fixes from Intuit. You'll want to do that before you start entering your data.

I've been using Quicken with some success. I'm still just using it to track expenses and investments, but I think there's a lot more potential for it once I tap into it...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom