Upcoming performance review... truth or consequences?

It also helps that I'm in a niche that won't be easy to fill so they want to keep me around as long as possible. If that niche would go away I'd be in trouble but it won't go away in a year because of support agreements with our customers.

Still more reasons not to tell em' what you really think or what you are going to do or not do...

1) If they are going to lay you or some co-workers off, do they give you a few month's or a year or more notice ? Well think about that before you break it to em'

2) There have been posters on this board who were going to give the long lead FIRE notice but instead kept it to themselves. They were then, out of the blue, offered an incentive package to leave early. Do you think that would have been offered if you told them you were going to bail in a couple of months ?

The moral of the story... Keep your plans to yourself. There really is no upside to you other than stroking that ego thing of yours.

Well, 7 years is up. Apologies for raising an old thread, but …

I am now fully retired, after having been semi-retired for awhile. Technically, I am unemployed with a nice severance package. I was given a couple months notice on this as well. And my colleagues have been simply amazing in that the HR folks said, "No worries, keep your corporate cell phone until you get your own phone. And keep your keys to the building in case you want to come chat with us. Oh, we'll delay notifying our health insurance provider for a few days until you tell us that your new insurance is in effect."

But my office is cleaned out and my boss moved into it. Maybe that was the real reason for my dismissal? Or maybe it was I asked for it, so that I would get a package?

I guess the only negative was that useless retirement gift I mentioned in that other thread.

Congratulations...and welcome to the light side. [finally] :dance:

omni

I wasn't around in 2007. It sounds like you had a long, slow exit but that it was enjoyable. I'm guessing it padded the retirement accounts nicely. Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom