Altering my titles

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I wrote TKR the second time around
Some one added "(more on the knee)"

TKR = total knee replacement...

There was nothing wrong with my title.
More on the knee trivializes my post and frankly isn't very nice.

Last edited:
I think it was helpful. I don't have a clue what TKR is. I wouldn't have opened the thread.

In a health forum for retirees where TKR is as common as a cold??
Yeah right.

TKR is not as common as a cold. Even here. Clarity is important.

I wrote TKR the second time around
Some one added "(more on the knee)"

There was nothing wrong with my title.
More on the knee trivializes my post and frankly isn't very nice.

I think maybe you're reading a bit much into the intent there. I only know the acronym from posts here, many may not. A little backseat modding doesn't hurt.

I didn't now anyone could alter a title. I thought only Mods could. No?

I didn't now anyone could alter a title. I thought only Mods could. No?
You are quite correct. We occasionally alter thread titles if they are unclear or ambiguous, so that people can have some understanding of what the thread might contain before they open it. We sometimes correct misspellings and obvious typos as well.

Ray - don't take it so negatively. Many of us it would not see that it was posted in the health forum. We see all new posts in an RSS reader that shows the title and the first few lines of text but does specify the sub-forum. I would have no idea what TKR means and, like ReWahoo, I probably guessed it was a stock ticker which is why I never read that thread.

Edit: After responding I scrolled down in my RSS feed and ran into the original post (with title altered). I was able to see enough text to understand it was about something other than a ticker symbol but I still wouldn't have guessed a knee replacement without the parenthetical info.

Last edited:
Another reason for adding to or editing thread titles is to make it easier in the future to search for a specific thread.

Another reason for adding to or editing thread titles is to make it easier in the future to search for a specific thread.

Whenever I see a poll I add "Poll:" to the start of the thread title as it is the best way to do a search for past polls.

Like Michael I will also correct spelling if I think it would help future searches by members looking for particular keywords. (e.g. I will change principle to principal if needed)

Ray - don't take it so negatively. Many of us it would not see that it was posted in the health forum. We see all new posts in an RSS reader that shows the title and the first few lines of text but does specify the sub-forum. I would have no idea what TKR means and, like ReWahoo, I probably guessed it was a stock ticker which is why I never read that thread.

Edit: After responding I scrolled down in my RSS feed and ran into the original post (with title altered). I was able to see enough text to understand it was about something other than a ticker symbol but I still wouldn't have guessed a knee replacement without the parenthetical info.

You are right it was much ado about nothing... I'll be more explicit going forward...

Would not have known that was the abbreviation and would not have opened the thread.

If you would have titled it "Tolkien knee replacement" then I would have read it for sure.

Would not have known that was the abbreviation and would not have opened the thread.

If you would have titled it "Tolkien knee replacement" then I would have read it for sure.

:2funny:

Whenever I see a poll I add "Poll:" to the start of the thread title as it is the best way to do a search for past polls.

Like Michael I will also correct spelling if I think it would help future searches by members looking for particular keywords. (e.g. I will change principle to principal if needed)
Those who are on Android appreciate it too. Polls don't show under droid so it's the only clue we have that the thread is a poll.

I need new glasses for upclose reading. I thought the title of this thread rhymed with kitties. Otherwise I would not have clicked on it.

Back
Top Bottom