Annoying Repeated Pop-Up Ads

Huston55

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Is anyone else getting continued ‘Google’ popup ads (mid-screen, unclosable) while on E-R.org?

Note to Admin: Pls fix this ASAP if it’s originating on the site. :mad:

No pop-ups here on my Windows desktop, iPad or iPhone.

None here on my desktop using Google Chrome.

I should note that I have been getting "Google" ads elsewhere on my phone which you can't exit from. When you look at the URL, they aren't from Google.

I had something similar happen. I picked up some adware while switching over antivirus programs. My Chrome browser was infected even though I was using Firefox when I would see the ads. I had to uninstall Chrome, run Malewarebytes Adwcleaner, check for clean scan, then re-install Chrome, recheck for clean scan. Without uninstalling Chrome, the adware hid in there somehow and would reappear even after Adwcleaner tried to delete it.

Only Adwcleaner found the culprit. The regular Malewarebytes and Avast scans came up clean. I don't think using a pop-up blocker it the long term fix for this kind of issue because you probably want to get rid of the adware off your PC, not just not see the pop-ups.

Last edited:
Nope. No such problems here.

You might be the victim of malware that is hijacking your browser. Time to run the appropriate malware detection software.

Last edited:
Thx for all the replies...

This is the message I sent in response to E-R.org tech help:

It (popup) no longer appears. However, I’m having trouble with E-R.org threads loading; they load part way (progress bar in Safari), then just hang there; happens with multiple threads on E-R.org; doesn’t happen on other websites. I’m using a relatively new iPad Pro with plenty of free storage & a good network connection. Cleared all cookies, selected pop-up blocker, removed E-R.org “favorite” link & replaced it, and signed out/back in to E-R.org.

I’ll wait to see if they can help me.

In case you’re wondering...

...seems to be working fine now, after doing things above. Thx for all the suggestions.

Just need to add this to my subscribed threads so I can reread it while I am working on my laptop later. My old laptop fell apart, my son bought me new one which I am now using, and I am being bombarded by ads which I believe are (literally) raising my blood pressure (as they are getting me upset).

Back
Top Bottom