Attack of the killer bloat...

DRiP Guy

Full time employment: Posting here.
I could sure do without all the new Ads, banners, and assorted junk.

Resistance is futile. It is for our own good, like the new software. Just keep repeating to yourself "Everything is for the best in this best of all possible worlds."

I want the ER Forums to collect their due in ad fees. No resistance there.

But I'm so far out in the country, that I'm on (gasp) dial-up! The cable lines and dsl lines stop about a mile away. We've begged them to come further out our way. So of course, the more complicated the graphics, the longer it takes to load.... Sigh.

All those who take their high speed for granted - stop for a moment and breathe a thankful thought! :)

Firefox with ad blocker makes it all go away.

With Firefox:
WithFirefox.jpg

There ya go, just like it ought to look! (now have set all of my phazers to 'stun', shields up, intruder alert to high, etc. to prevent all the page-trinkets from coming along for the ride.

On a semi-realted topic, has anyone noticed all the physical "table-SPAM" you have to clear out of the way at the more common chain restaurants at lunch these days (Chili's, Road House, etc)? Between the umbrella drinks pictorial, the appetizers fold-out, the special lunch menu insert, the regular menu, the special of the day placard on the center of the table, etc. I find I have to clear an arm-load of crap out of the way just to make room for my essential schooner of brewski!

Yep....Firefox with ABP works wonders! Not just here, but on EVERY website that has all that advertising. It's a real time saver. :D

Back
Top Bottom