Can we stop the Ads by Google ???

Emeritus

Full time employment: Posting here.
Many posters to this forum have their posts full of "ads by Google" Can anything be done individually or collectively?

Do you think the owner of the board shouldn't be allowed to run ads to fund this "free" forum? Maybe you'd be willing to donate enough from your pension to Andy R each month to support his operating costs?

The Ads by Google appear in the posts, not on the Website. Are you suggesting false attribution by the Website hoster?

The Ads by Google appear in the posts, not on the Website. Are you suggesting false attribution by the Website hoster?
I'm not suggesting anything but you are giving the distinct impression that you have no clue as to how a board such as this supports itself.

Mods, can we stop the inane posts by other posters? First someone wants to get rid of the dryer sheets reference, then this?!?!

I moved the thread to Forum Admin so the site admins are more likely to see it.

I've not noticed ads by Google inside users' posts. (I'm not saying that there aren't any).

I am pretty sure the Google ads run within posts ONLY if you are not logged in--if you are shown as a "guest". That has been my experience, anyway.

Mods, can we stop the inane posts by other posters? First someone wants to get rid of the dryer sheets reference, then this?!?!

Maybe the AIPIQ (Alleged Inane Poster in Question) is just trying to lure the Bunny back? :LOL:

I'm not suggesting anything but you are giving the distinct impression that you have no clue as to how a board such as this supports itself.
Duh. It's the Web Hosting Fairy. She flies around in the middle of the night dropping money under the pillows of the owners of "free" web sites to offset their operating costs.

I never even notice the ads, unless there is some interest in which case they catch my eye. The interest would rarely be that I want or might buy the thing, more that it has some other salience for me.

Ha

Many posters to this forum have their posts full of "ads by Google" Can anything be done individually or collectively?

Bestwifeever is correct in her analysis. You can stop the Google ads in users' posts by logging on. :) (I just logged out and viewed the site as a guest).

Duh. It's the Web Hosting Fairy. She flies around in the middle of the night dropping money under the pillows of the owners of "free" web sites to offset their operating costs.

Ziggy, just Googled "Web Hosting Fairy" to see where this secret E-R.org forum financing is really coming from...

Attachments

• web hosting fairy.jpg
    web hosting fairy.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 128
Whether the reader is logged in or not, IMHO putting material into a post, which make it appear to be part of the post, raises serious legal and ethical issues.

Good grief, Emeritus, a simple "thank you" to me for solving your problem would suffice.

Whether the reader is logged in or not, IMHO putting material into a post, which make it appear to be part of the post, raises serious legal and ethical issues.

As the web has become more commercialized I have learned to ignore the ads. It is a small price to pay for continued free content.

DD

Since you have issues with this forum perhaps the best solution is for you to move along to another? It would seem to be the path of least resistance for all parties involved. :)

Good grief, Emeritus, a simple "thank you" to me for solving your problem would suffice.

Certainly thank you for explaining how one can see or not see the ads. I do fail to see how it "solves the problem"
of someone putting text into a massage and implying consent of the sender.

Back
Top Bottom