"Canadian Only" Subgroup or Topics

Ok, get some Canadian Bacon. And God Shave the Queen.:greetings10:

To the OP:

If you haven't already, check out

Canadian Money Forum - Powered by vBulletin

and

Financial Webring Forum :: Index

That's where you will find the Canada specific financial stuff. For the rest, come here.
e86s54, I think Meadbh has given you excellent advice. Those are very good Canadian financial websites with a large member base to draw on for information. I don't think a separate "Canada Only" sub-forum would be a real benefit here, especially when compared to those websites.

How about a subgroup for those of us with no money, no savings, lots of debt and think retirement is for lazy people too busy having fun to dig themselves a grave on their last day of work?
:D

e86s54, I think Meadbh has given you excellent advice. Those are very good Canadian financial websites with a large member base to draw on for information. I don't think a separate "Canada Only" sub-forum would be a real benefit here, especially when compared to those websites.

Yes I did find these pages and have been lurking for a few days now...thanks!

BTW, in Canada, Grits are a national political party...

E86

Hu:greetings10:h? Even after thirty years in New Orleans - I never heard of Shrimp&Grits til the Family reunion at Nags Head. And their BBQ looks/tastes funny - good but funny.

Since I lived near some old straight stretches of old HWY 90 - no stock cars but a lot of weekend - hold my beer and start us off.

heh heh heh - many long timers in that part of the swamp had gas powered generators - for weekends to compensate for the car into the power pole phenomenon.

heh heh heh - :cool: Back to Canada. Night clubbing in Vancouver B.C.(1960's) and Ice Road Truckers on cable are the limits of my experience.

Didnt Texas belong to Mexico 170yrs ago?

yes, but only until Sam Houston and the boys whipped Santa Anna in the Battle of San Jacinto...

Six flags have flown here:

Spain1519-1685; 1690-1821,

France1685-1690,

Mexico1821-1836,

Texas as a Republic 1836-1845

Texas in the Confederacy 1861-1865

Texas in the US. 1845-1861; 1865-Present

The standard state-mandated school curriculum in Texas requires every student to get a full year of Texas history in middle school. I remember a very big portion of that year devoted to learning about the Texas Revolution and the years 1836-1865.

San Jacinto Day remains a state holiday. Some of us still shout out "Remember the Alamo! Remember Goliad!" with disturbing frequency. :)

The Six National Flags of Texas
Texas State Historical Association - The Handbook of Texas Online -- Browse |

Ziggy, you Texans just saved the rest of us a lot of trouble by constructing that fence. Now it's going to take a little more effort for the illegals to get over to Florida. They either have to come via the Gulf or enter thru AZ, NM or CA and its a long way around the top of TX to get to FL. At least you had the gut to finish the fence, something our Congress couldn't do.

Yeah grits are great. Specially when you load it up with things that will clog your arteries. Otherwise. :dead:

Yeah grits are great. Specially when you load it up with things that will clog your arteries. Otherwise. :dead:
That's what I've never understood about drenching salads with huge amounts of fatty dressing, or eating broccoli and cauliflower with a lot of melted cheese all over it to make it taste better. If you're going to do that, at least from a fat and calories standpoint you might as well have a burger or a couple slices of pizza.

Back
Top Bottom