concerning thank yous

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
This isn't a complaint, just an observation: the 'Thank yous' have started dropping off the map (by time?).

This isn't a complaint, just an observation: the 'Thank yous' have started dropping off the map (by time?).

I had never noticed the Thank Yous until a couple months or so ago, found that there had obviously been a lot more of them than I knew about...most were already gone, and I had never seen them...don't know if they are retrievable and if so, how to do it...also just an observation...don't know what I would do with "year-old" thank yous anyway.

R

"Thank You"s. Hmmmm. Never noticed them before. In my UserCP, I show "12 Thanks Total" yet only two are listed. Two questions: How to I get access to the missing ten? And, as important, what is one expected to do with them ("Thank You"s)? Send a "You're Welcome"? Bask in a "warm fuzzy"? Quietly accept?

Ron, the last 25 should be displayed.

Not wishing to stretch this thread out but... I read the previous thread you referred to but still can't figure out how to display the "hidden 10." (I show only one from 05-07-2008 and another from 09-20-2008.)

Not sure why you can't see the last 25 if you scroll to the bottom of the CP page. Maybe Janet or one of the other Admin's can chime in to enlighten us.

Not sure why you can't see the last 25 if you scroll to the bottom of the CP page. Maybe Janet or one of the other Admin's can chime in to enlighten us.

Just to make sure we are speaking of the same thing here, is a screen shot of (what I understand to be) the bottom of my UserCP page. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• Bottom of UserCP page.jpg
    Bottom of UserCP page.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 12
I have the same issue. 17 thank yous, and only 7 show up from 7/27/2008 and later.

Odd as it sounds, the reason is that you began with 10 points upon registration. Everyone did. Inflation impacts everything including Thanks. :) Each comment adds a point to that total. So if you have 2 thanks comments, that total should be 12.

The most recent 25 comments will display in your profile. If there are fewer showing, then you can view all your comments. If there are 25 displaying, then there may be some older comments you can no longer view.

Odd as it sounds, the reason is that you began with 10 points upon registration. Everyone did. Inflation impacts everything including Thanks. :) Each comment adds a point to that total. So if you have 2 thanks comments, that total should be 12.

The most recent 25 comments will display in your profile. If there are fewer showing, then you can view all your comments. If there are 25 displaying, then there may be some older comments you can no longer view.

That's not what I'm seeing. I currently have 12 thanks. The number of visible thanks has always corresponded to the number.

That's not what I'm seeing. I currently have 12 thanks. The number of visible thanks has always corresponded to the number.

Very odd... we do some sleuthing to try and unravel this.

It says I have 29 and I can see 25.

I didn't realize you had to go *look* for the "Thank You's" I thought something popped up to say you got one, so I missed a lot of nice comments from people, and a few that I probably would have acknowledged.

Something about having to go look for the thank you that just seems kinda wrong, like fishing for a compliment? I never check my CP panel, I do look at my profile occasionally, since I didn't see anything there, I didn't think I was getting thanks. Didn't think much of it as I haven't used the feature myself - I usually thank in public because I usually have something specific to add that may be of value to the thread, and may occasionally PM someone about something more specific.

You are all welcome.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom