Ditch ads with animation - I have covered it with cardboard

Bongleur

Full time employment: Posting here.
Stuff moving at the side of my vision makes it really really annoying to try to read the content. I've had to simply block that part of the screen with cardboard, so I'm not seeing ANY ads at all.

Cardboard should work pretty well, but I use this stuff. Sticks to the screen, dries quickly, and just covers up exactly what I don't want to see.

Also good for correcting those annoying misspellings some posters make.

wite-out.jpg

I just drag the whole browser until the offending info is off screen. When done drag it back so full browser is visible.

OTOH just for spell correction the wite out works real well.

Attachments

• Whitout-on-Video-monitor.jpg
    Whitout-on-Video-monitor.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 28
Huh?
What are you referring to?
Ads? Where?
You know that this is the early retirement forum and not the "I am over 100 years old" forum?

the left 2/3 is content, the right 1/3 is a column with some index of "trending posts" and ads.

I use an adblocker from Ublock and don't see ads hardly anywhere, let alone here.

What does it say when a moderator uses an ad blocker on "their" site?

I don't use a blocker on a "site" I use it on my browser ;) I don't see ads anywhere; I'm an equal-opportunity-blocker.

Cardboard should work pretty well, but I use this stuff. Sticks to the screen, dries quickly, and just covers up exactly what I don't want to see.

Also good for correcting those annoying misspellings some posters make.

View attachment 34841
Alternatively, perhaps one could blind the part of the eye that would see the ads.

Back
Top Bottom