Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-10-2022, 08:43 PM   #21
Administrator

The default style is green - v2.0. The blue is v1.0. You can choose the style using the quick style chooser at the far bottom left of every page.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2022, 06:07 PM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
The default style is green - v2.0. The blue is v1.0. You can choose the style using the quick style chooser at the far bottom left of every page.
Thanks! I was on ver 1, no idea how it was switched. I vaguely remember this happening once before.
Graybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 01:31 AM   #23
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
So it is not a Yahoo mail problem.
Apparently. Maybe ?

But just in case, I switched my mail to Gmail and we'll see if I start getting the newsletter.
The newsletter has arrived !!
After months of not getting it - the only change I made was switching my email from Yahoo to Gmail.
Did not have a problem with subscribed threads, before or after the change.
eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 07:22 PM   #24
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I subscribed to this thread a few minutes ago and was notified of this latest new post. I don’t know why it works fine for some and not for others. Definitely above my pay grade, but I have moved this thread into the Forum Admin section to see if we can get more technical feedback.
Just circling back on this to see if anything has been found out. I do get emails on other sites where I have subscribed to threads.

Thanks!
CincyDave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 10:05 AM   #25
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyDave View Post
Just circling back on this to see if anything has been found out. I do get emails on other sites where I have subscribed to threads.

Thanks!
See post 34 here for an update: https://www.early-retirement.org/for...ng-115069.html
Old 12-22-2022, 08:22 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Thanks Janet, I added the two emails in your post 34 to my Yahoo mail contacts (removing the spaces), When I hit save, I didn't get any errors, but when I open my contact list they aren't there and I'm still not getting notifications on subscribed threads. Has anyone else using yahoo email tried adding these emails to your contact list?
Old 12-23-2022, 12:39 AM   #27
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:
Has anyone else using yahoo email tried adding these emails to your contact list?
Yes, I had Yahoo with both addresses. I had no trouble with subscribed threads but the newsletter stopped arriving some months ago.
I switched to Gmail, problem solved.
eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 10:00 PM   #28

Quote:
Thanks Janet, I added the two emails in your post 34 to my Yahoo mail contacts (removing the spaces), When I hit save, I didn't get any errors, but when I open my contact list they aren't there and I'm still not getting notifications on subscribed threads. Has anyone else using yahoo email tried adding these emails to your contact list?
Well. I was able to add the addresses for both the newsletter and subscribed threads to my yahoo mail contact list, but still not getting either. Sounds like it's and issue with Yahoo mail and Early-retirement website not playing well together. Not sure what else to do, other than just checking the link for subscribed threads periodically.
Old 12-26-2022, 07:55 AM   #29
Full time employment: Posting here.

Dave - Try this:
Go to your Subscribed Threads list, by using User CP > List Subscription.
In the far right column is a check box. Check the threads for which you want an email notification.
At the bottom of the page there is a dropdown box where can select the type of notification (instant, daily etc.) for the checked threads.
Choose the desired one and click Go.
Trooper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 09:31 PM   #30

Trooper, My subscribed threads were already listed as instant email notification, but I checked them all and hit "instant email notification" again. Maybe that will kick start something. We'll see. Thanks.
Old 12-30-2022, 09:36 AM   #31

Well, rechecking the instant email notification boxes didn't work. Even switched to old yahoo mail to see if that might have done anything, but no go. I do get emails on subscribed threads on other sites, so something between ER.org and Yahoo mail, I guess.
I'll just have t check my subscribed threads periodically. First world problem I guess.