ER math-- or lack thereof.

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
You can vote for more than one choice. The percentage shown is a proportion of the total that voted for that choice.

News flash! We have quite a few undecided voters on this forum (26+21-41)/41 = 15%.

Sorry, I thought this was the soupbox forum...:duh:

You can vote for more than one choice. The percentage shown is a proportion of the total that voted for that choice.
I'm as American as the next guy, but I have a problem with a "poll" that lets 41 voters tally 47 mutually-exclusive choices and then add them up to more than 100%.

But I'm not surprised to get this debate from a group who doesn't even agree on a common definition of net worth...

Hey dont mess with me man, I was in marketing...

Wait until I figure out what the actual question is and what our answers mean.

I'm as American as the next guy, but I have a problem with a "poll" that lets 41 voters tally 47 mutually-exclusive choices and then add them up to more than 100%.

But I'm not surprised to get this debate from a group who doesn't even agree on a common definition of net worth...
(emphasis mine, not Nords')

Ah!! The crux of the misunderstanding is that they are NOT mutually exclusive choices in this poll. The poll sees the logic in "well, yes, and no!" and permits both in a way that is more mutually compatible than mutually exclusive.

An example is, "do you like your portfolio results lately?" with an answer of "well, yes and no..." when you love those dividends but some of the funds' share prices are sinking.

And the definition of net worth is hardly in debate. The definition 100% of the time is an individuals assets minus liabilities if liquidated.

Some folks just choose to figure it differently, in which case its not 'net worth'. Its 'What I think I'm worth after applying my own personal screen to my assets and liabilities"

So there!

The voting is consistent with where I am living (Louisiana) - vote early and vote often.

When Louisiana switched to electronic voting many years ago they sold their old machines to a town in Mexico, and the first time they used them, Edwin Edwards won.

The voting is consistent with where I am living (Louisiana) - vote early and vote often.

When Louisiana switched to electronic voting many years ago they sold their old machines to a town in Mexico, and the first time they used them, Edwin Edwards won.

:2funny: Good one!

Love those electronic voting machines (especially that satisfying chime when you push the button to submit your votes). But sometimes I wonder if the vote is actually being tallied or if the chime is all we get (this being Louisiana). Politics down here are so underhanded and slimy.

Love those electronic voting machines (especially that satisfying chime when you push the button to submit your votes). But sometimes I wonder if the vote is actually being tallied or if the chime is all we get (this being Louisiana). Politics down here are so underhanded and slimy.

And the amazing thing is that folks seem to accept it. When my brother and his wife were visiting from Oz last month one of the things we did was go to the old state capital in Baton Rouge and they have some good stuff in there including an animatronic statue of the state's most famous, and infamous governors, Huey P Long, giving some of his speeches.

WV also shares the tradition of voting early and often so the poll result do make sense.

And the amazing thing is that folks seem to accept it. When my brother and his wife were visiting from Oz last month one of the things we did was go to the old state capital in Baton Rouge and they have some good stuff in there including an animatronic statue of the state's most famous, and infamous governors, Huey P Long, giving some of his speeches.

Interesting! I never did tour the old state capital when I lived in BR from 1996-1999 (I think it was under renovation for part of that time, or some such thing).

When it comes to Louisiana politics, my only consolation is that at least the corruption is out in the open. Not so for some states. Still, I am expecting (hoping for?) at least a little more integrity in politics when I move north to Missouri, in a couple of years. It couldn't get much worse.

Huh. That makes me wonder.... should we include our house....?

[ducks, covers, and runs like h*ll!] >:D

Nords said:

===

::: cue music ::: ::cue dancing girls:::

Chi - cah - go, chi - cah - go !!!!

Vote early and often, that's the RIGHT way to do it. :)

ta,
mews

The forum software allows a poll starter to select the voting parameters as well as whether or not you can see who voted for what. Maybe the programmer responsible used to work for Diebold? :duh:

Back
Top Bottom