Forum is very slow all of a sudden?

dessert

Full time employment: Posting here.
About three weeks ago all of a sudden I am seeing advertisements from AdChoices below the forum toolbar. At this same time the forum became very slow and it is very annoying. Did this just happen to me or are others experiencing the same thing. I thought maybe it would be temporary but no such luck. Is there anything I can do to improve this situation?

I think if you use Firefox with AdBlock Plus, that might improve the situation.

With your present browser, you should empty the cache and cookies. That might help.

With your present browser, you should empty the cache and cookies. That might help.
Thanks for the tip. That did help some. I wonder why all of a sudden I would have to do that. I haven't experienced that before now.
Did those "AdChoices" just show up or did I just notice them (a couple weeks ago).

dessert said:
Thanks for the tip. That did help some. I wonder why all of a sudden I would have to do that. I haven't experienced that before now.
Did those "AdChoices" just show up or did I just notice them (a couple weeks ago).

Haven't really noticed anything about ads lately. Sometimes a momentary problem occurs, and results in a file with bad data. Subsequent accesses to the file are then problematic.

Glad it worked to some extent for you.

Forum is fast tonight for some reason......

I can't believe how fast the forum is tonight. I haven't done anything different on my end so I don't have a clue. I'm enjoying this again. It was really aggravating for a while.
I ran a download test and it is still the ~the same speed as earlier.
Oh well, what can you say?

I can't believe how fast the forum is tonight. I haven't done anything different on my end so I don't have a clue. I'm enjoying this again. It was really aggravating for a while.
We've been posting about bacon instead of more complicated subjects like SWRs or asset allocation. The board goes faster because the Internet moves bacon in big bytes!

Why, yes, as a matter of fact I have been waiting a long time to use that punchline...

We've been posting about bacon instead of more complicated subjects like SWRs or asset allocation. The board goes faster because the Internet moves bacon in big bytes!

Why, yes, as a matter of fact I have been waiting a long time to use that punchline...
I knew the problem was something technical. I'm glad to be able to assist you with your goals Nords.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

dessert said:

In my first response I should have mentioned rebooting all of your systems as well as your net devices such as modem and router. Clearing your browser cache and cookies is a good first-try thing.

The forum is so frustratingly slow for me this morning that I really cannot use it much.

Ha

Hmmm... No problems on this side of the pond. Perhaps your city council has decided it is politically incorrect to retire early and are jamming the site?

No speed problems for me today.

The forum is so frustratingly slow for me this morning that I really cannot use it much.

Ha
Same here Ha.
I haven't enjoyed the forum much since about 3 or 4 weeks ago when the AdChoices window showed up.
I am tolerating it but sometimes it is super slow. Other times it is just slow. I am always getting "waiting" notices on the lower toolbar. Waiting for about:blank, facebook, twitter, AdChoice, forum etc.
It is frustrating but unless it is bothering others, then I just figure it is my computer for some reason. I have been clearing browser history each time I come to the forum and this helps some.

My previous post was on 9-12-12. The forum was very slow for me and has been that way since then.
Now all of a sudden, the forum is very fast again (for the second day in a row). I don't want to yell Weeeeeee! yet but if this keeps up I might.
On second thought, no way would I yell that in this forum.:LOL:

I just can't believe that my computer is the cause of this either. I frequent other forums and they are not slow like this one has been. I can't figure it out but I hope this forum continues to be kind to me because I spend more time here when it is fast.

My previous post was on 9-12-12. The forum was very slow for me and has been that way since then.
Now all of a sudden, the forum is very fast again (for the second day in a row). I don't want to yell Weeeeeee! yet but if this keeps up I might.
On second thought, no way would I yell that in this forum.:LOL:

I just can't believe that my computer is the cause of this either. I frequent other forums and they are not slow like this one has been. I can't figure it out but I hope this forum continues to be kind to me because I spend more time here when it is fast.
Have you looked at your router recently? I've had some general malaise in the bandwidth department, and it seems to come and go. Some sites problematic, others seem fine.

Yesterday I added the 11th device to my LAN. Sounds incredible, but we are a family of three. Problems I have experienced over the years include: loose wire in patch cable, poor end connection, failing switch or router (power supply fails over time), bandwidth hog (lol). External problems include DNS (you can manually set this in router to test), bad ISP gateways, DNS failures, DoS.

That last one for instance I can see two dozen attacks on my router in the last 8 hours.

The best way to troubleshoot things is to eliminate variables. Also, try using two different devices to access the same site. You also need to get some network tools and get measurements.

In the end, you might find it was something simple in your local network.

Back
Top Bottom