Get rid of dryer sheet reference

Any sighting of Uncle Mick recently? If I keep infringing on his trade mark, will he stop lurking? Heh heh heh...

About a week or so ago he was near Seattle and called me. I think he was driving back home after that, but he may have had some other traveling planned. I think I remember him saying that he didn't have internet access with him. I hope everything is well with him.

Ha

Wow, CFB is a lurker! Sure have missed your humor and wisdom on this board. For Pete's sake, speak up now and again. Don't wait for someone proposing to do away with all references to bacon to post again!

Some recipes would also be helpful while you are at it, Bunny-Man. Do you do low carb soups?

Ha

Simple answer: NO.

By the way, you were on my 'ignore' list from 2 years ago and I had to take you off to quote your silly request. I think that says a lot.

Oh, and Hi Everyone! See you in a couple of years or the next time some nimnol on my ignore list thinks we ought to do away with one of the foundational building blocks of early retirement.

By the way, I still tear my dryer sheets in half and if my wife drops a used one on the floor of the closet I pick it up and throw it back in the dryer.

So get used to it, limited contribution, quickly ignored person! :cool:

WOW!!!!!! Were ya been, Bunny! I have been missing the daily beating you used to rain upon me! :D

Meh. Come back when you have logged a few thousand posts.

No wait - this deserves a serious look. Occasional evaluation of standard practice has merit. For instance - I no longer use dryer sheets at all having changed to a softener ball that you plunk into the washer. Yeah... that's the ticket... "washer balls"... I like it

confused by washer balls
eschews washer balls
hordes washer balls
loves (to) wa.......

never mind

;)

Hello admins,

I was looking through the User CP for an option to get rid of the reference to dryer sheets that appears under my username (recycles dryer sheets). I couldn't find an option to disable it.

Is there such an option?

If not, maybe the forum should consider eliminating that whole dryer sheet theme. I do understand that it refers to the frugality practiced by many here, but it really lacks appeal for many others.

My thanks for this post. Don't care about dryer sheets at all, but am jazzed to see CFB pop up.

Hey, I've nattered away enough on this forum that I have Picasso status...

.....ohhhhh...and hi CFB....:greetings10:

Even if I think the original post was ridiculous, I am thrilled that it flushed CFB out of "retirement" to comment. I think all of the old timers love the dryer sheets! And ball-washing! And being renamed "Jennifer" on that long-ago day by BMJ.

Simple answer: NO.

By the way, you were on my 'ignore' list from 2 years ago and I had to take you off to quote your silly request. I think that says a lot.

Oh, and Hi Everyone! See you in a couple of years or the next time some nimnol on my ignore list thinks we ought to do away with one of the foundational building blocks of early retirement.

By the way, I still tear my dryer sheets in half and if my wife drops a used one on the floor of the closet I pick it up and throw it back in the dryer.

So get used to it, limited contribution, quickly ignored person! :cool:

Only one post(er) that could draw me out of self-exile before this election is over... Great to hear from you CFB! :)

Back into lurking mode until November 3rd...:whistle:

Hmmm...BMJ, CFB, Nords and smilies, Westernskies....good grief there must be somethin' to this 2012 prophecy...:blink:

50% WR anyone?

As I hang dry my stuff, I find the dryer sheet reference wholly inappropriate and not a little presumptuous. Now that that's off my chest I will turn to another weighty issue, namely which surf forecast to check first.

About a week or so ago he was near Seattle and called me. I think he was driving back home after that, but he may have had some other traveling planned. I think I remember him saying that he didn't have internet access with him. I hope everything is well with him.

Ha

He posted over at Bogleheads in the last few days so he's around.

DD

Oh and thanks for checking in CFB!

Wow.

Attachments

• pancake_bunny_art[1].jpg
    pancake_bunny_art[1].jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1
Geez have not seen so much excitement since the last election.

Even if I think the original post was ridiculous,
Why would it be "ridiculous" to ask if there's an option to turn off or change the description in someone's profile?

What is actually ridiculous is the lousy job the moderators of the forum have done in this thread, which is full of personal attacks and nastiness.

What is actually ridiculous is the lousy job the moderators of the forum have done in this thread, which is full of personal attacks and nastiness.
From the Community Rules (note the boldfaced):

http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=rules

If we feel the guidelines are violated we may remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse toward our administrators or moderators may result in immediate suspension of your account. Complaints about a moderator's decision regarding a particular post are not be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator.

As usual, the bunny nailed it.

As usual, the bunny nailed it.

One more thing - I who am normally a cheap SOB - bought Pac NW mountain scene in Callam Bay WA made by a 90 yr old from - drum roll please - recycled dryer lint.

heh heh heh - After that vacation - I who never read books actually read The Little Book of Common Sense Investing. We need to refresh some of the old traditions -lest I fall apart completely. :D :cool:

Back
Top Bottom