Got This Message - why?

megacorp-firee

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f28/dividend-growth-versus-liquidation-29961.html

megacorp-firee, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Got This Message - why?
The post you're trying to look at has been moved by a moderator from the public boards to one of the moderator boards' equivalent of a trash can. Cleanup is still in progress.

Because it's still a "valid" post in the database, although on a board not accessible to most users, the board software checks for permissions before showing it to users. However most users can't even see the moderator's boards and pretty soon this post/thread will just be a memory.

Sometimes you'll check a user's post number-- say they have eight posts-- but you'll only find six or seven of their posts. The rest of them have been removed from the public part of the board but the post count still reflects posts that aren't visible.

Aha. I got that same message. That must be what kept me from seeing the trolls people were complaining about. I'm a bit perverse - I always want to see what the controversy is about.

Back
Top Bottom