Happy 10th Birthday E-R.Org!

I'd like to toss in a compliment on the layout of this board. I assume the basic board starts with pre-packaged software, but it is clear someone put thought into its optimal configuration. IMO s/he knows good software/UI design. The functionality here is the best board I've seen in 10+ years of Web use.

+1

Katsmeow said:
I've taken part in lots of forums and this is really one of the best, I've enjoyed my time here immensely and I look forward to the 20th birthday!

As the forum nears 1 million posts... It is taking a little bit of time to get caught up.
From this thread, I reached this thread and post.

http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f32/the-history-of-early-retirement-org-53657.html

After reading the history, and the work that went into refining the rules and regulations that make the forum work well... I think it would be a great "must read" for newbies like me.

I am humbled by discovering the "whys" that govern the direction of threads and the reasons that political discussions are limited. Am also realizing that threadjacking can happen even unintentionally, and now appreciate the "kindly" warnings that have been given... and the courtesy of the moderators, in controlling the overall tone of the board.

So... :flowers: for those who work so hard to make this a great forum.

A big +++++

Back
Top Bottom