Having problems with private messages

bbbamI

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I'm unable to open a new private message; I just get a blank page. When I try to reply to an old PM, I still get a blank page. I tried Firefox and Internet Explorer but it doesn't work on either of them.

I'm not having any trouble. I am using MS Edge but it doesn't sound like your browser is causing the problem.

I guess something else to try would be shutting your computer down, and by that I mean turning it completely off and then back on, rather than just restarting.

Thank you for the suggestion WTR. :) I did shut the computer down, but that didn't work. I also see the PM you sent but when I click on it, I still get a blank page.

When I sent you that message, I got the attached error message. Sounds like there is some sort of site or internet issue going on. I sent you a second PM and got the same error message.

I don't think there is much else I can personally do, since I "retired" from being an admin a few months ago. So, I'll bow out now and let the present mod/admin team do their thing.... :)

Attachments

• error message at the ER forum.JPG
    error message at the ER forum.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 25
Thank you so much for letting me know. You are the best. :flowers: Maybe it will be fixed soon.

No, YOU are the best! :)

I sent a PM to Admins JanetH, MichaelB, and Alan, linking to this thread. Of course I got the error message but hopefully they got the PM. :LOL:

No, YOU are the best! :)

I sent a PM to Admins JanetH, MichaelB, and Alan, linking to this thread. Of course I got the error message but hopefully they got the PM. :LOL:
:LOL:...best laugh today, thanks!

Thanks for the heads up - we are looking into this and have some similar reported issues with intermittent connectivity.

I got 4, nearly duplicate PM's last night. The sender then made a comment in a forum thread that he couldn't PM me :LOL:

The "Thanks" I send do not show up

I sent a "Thanks" to a poster last week, and another "Thanks" to a different poster last night, and even though I saw the popup saying "your thanks have been sent" nothing showed up in my outbox either time. I have sent thanks many times in the past and never experienced this.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Oh, and thanks in advance!

I sent a "Thanks" to a poster last week, and another "Thanks" to a different poster last night, and even though I saw the popup saying "your thanks have been sent" nothing showed up in my outbox either time. I have sent thanks many times in the past and never experienced this.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Oh, and thanks in advance!
I have never got anything in my outbox when I send a "Thanks" to someone. I just get that "your thanks have been sent" popup.

So I'm no help with this one! :LOL: I looked at the options in "User CP" (on the horizontal bar above), and didn't see any option to have something show up in my outbox.

And Thanks for asking about it. :D

I have never got anything in my outbox when I send a "Thanks" to someone. I just get that "your thanks have been sent" popup.

So I'm no help with this one! :LOL: I looked at the options in "User CP" (on the horizontal bar above), and didn't see any option to have something show up in my outbox.

And Thanks for asking about it. :D

Thanks for your reply! :D

I think I am having a senior moment. I was confusing "Thanks" with private messages. So, as Roseann Roseannadanna would say: Never mind! :facepalm:

I think I am having a senior moment. I was confusing "Thanks" with private messages. So, as Roseann Roseannadanna would say: Never mind! :facepalm:

Far be it from me to draw attention to your senior moments....but "Never mind" was Emily Litella. :LOL:

Far be it from me to draw attention to your senior moments....but "Never mind" was Emily Litella. :LOL:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I give up. Going to bed. The brain obviously needs some rest.

Back
Top Bottom