Join Early Retirement Today

Hide one picture
Old 01-11-2011, 11:01 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Hide one picture

Is there a way to hide one picture (or the comment it's in)? I don't want to put the whole thread on ignore, but there's a picture in it I'd just as soon not have to scroll past every time I look at the thread. I looked in the FAQ but didn't see any info on how to do this, if it's possible.
kyounge1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2011, 05:32 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyounge1956 View Post
Is there a way to hide one picture (or the comment it's in)? I don't want to put the whole thread on ignore, but there's a picture in it I'd just as soon not have to scroll past every time I look at the thread. I looked in the FAQ but didn't see any info on how to do this, if it's possible.
Ask the OP to remove it (or for them to ask Moderator).

So I only have to be bothered with reading select Threads, I Subscribe to those that I wish to continue with. I, then, use the "UserCP" button for a list of those subscripions with unread Posts. Upon opening the Thread, I click on the "View First Unread" option. (I use the RSS Feed to discover the first Post in each Thread as they are started.)

Doing that, would take you past the Offending Image (unless it is in the 1st Post of the Thread) and unless you purposely move back, you will not have to see the OI ever again.
RonBoyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:47 AM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Now you have my curiosity peaked. Is it the thong picture?
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:52 AM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
Now you have my curiosity peaked. Is it the thong picture?
Or the one of Senator Gifford on the Gurney?
Old 01-12-2011, 06:19 AM   #5
Full time employment: Posting here.

Large naked guy sitting sideways in a chair?
East Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:22 AM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Texas View Post
+1
Old 01-12-2011, 07:49 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Dang, how'd I miss that?

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:53 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
What? That's one of my favorites.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:08 AM   #9

Click the read first new message (tick mark in blue square on left of thread title) & you will not have to scroll past the pic every time.
walkinwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #10

Quote:
Shouldn't he be moved to the beefcake thread?
omni550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:14 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

You could put the user on ignore at least until the thread dies down--when someone in on ignore you can still see that they have posted (and can view their posts by clicking on "view post" or some such wording) but the content will be hidden. Then take the poster off ignore when the thread is no longer live.

Also most curious to know which photo it is, kyounge, especially if you think it might be a problem for others? PM a mod about it or report the post if you think so.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:23 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by omni550 View Post
You and I obviously have different definitions of "beefcake". Monstrously obese naked man sitting sideways (thank goodness) in chair is just not in the same category.....
Old 01-12-2011, 08:25 AM   #13
gone traveling

Quote:
"And with that, I regretfully conclude my participation in this thread."
Westernskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:26 AM   #14
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
You and I obviously have different definitions of "beefcake". Monstrously obese naked man sitting sideways (thank goodness) in chair is just not in the same category.....
What was that expression I seen here a couple weeks ago? Oh, yeah:

"Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder."
Old 01-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #15

Now... to be fair... had this been a svelt muscular young man sitting naked in the chair - sideways - it would still be less-than-appropriate. Although, it might take a little longer for someone to say something.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:28 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBoyd View Post
"Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder."
LOL... you've become my new favorite friend.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:20 AM   #17

Quote:
Yup. I didn't see the "thong" picture or the one of Rep Gifford. I might want to hide either or both if they were in a thread I was interested in.

Quote:
Now... to be fair... had this been a svelt muscular young man sitting naked in the chair - sideways - it would still be less-than-appropriate.(snip)
I agree, but I'm not saying a picture should be removed from the whole forum just because I don't want to see it.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:28 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westernskies View Post
"And with that, I regretfully conclude my participation in this thread."
If you are referring to my bowing out of the "Family of Four" thread, I don't remember there being any pictures in that thread. The reason I gave on the thread is the reason I left. It's nothing to do with pictures, objectionable or otherwise. If you're suggesting I should leave the thread with the picture I don't like, I've done that in the past a few times, when I had no interest in the thread. But in the case I'm asking about, I want to read the thread and maybe add a comment to it. The picture doesn't really have anything to do with the topic.

If there's a suggestion box for future improvements to the forum software, the ability to ignore/hide an image or an individual comment would be nice.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:36 AM   #19
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
If you are referring to my bowing out of the "Family of Four" thread, I don't remember there being any pictures in that thread. The reason I gave on the thread is the reason I left.
Is this some Protocol that I missed? (these subtle Forum Culture thingys fly over my head a lot.)

I have stopped reading many (hundreds pehaps) threads (for all kinds of reasons). I have never felt the need to inform anyone of my action. Have I, all this time, been committing some faux pax?
Old 01-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by omni550 View Post

NO!