How are Stars assigned?

ScaredtoQuit

Recycles dryer sheets
How are stars assigned to each user? I know it has something to do with how often you post. But what are the cut-offs to go from one level to the next?

ScaredtoQuit said:
How are stars assigned to each user? I know it has something to do with how often you post. But what are the cut-offs to go from one level to the next?

Um, didn't you just ask this? Since this is the Forum Admin area, I'll quote part of my original response:

BigMoneyJim said:
For most people, the stars and dryer sheet remarks are directly based on the number of posts they've made. Moderators currently have 5 green stars and admins have 5 red stars. Occasionally individuals are singled out for mockingspecial treatment. At the moment I think only brewer12345 has a special "star" count: one large birthday cake for posting the 100,000th post.

The current count breakpoints are as follows: 0, 10, 25, 50, 500, 1000, 5000. After 500 posts the dryer sheet references give way to remarks about posting a lot.

To further clarify, it's total post count that gets you stars. You start with one star and the title "Confused about dryer sheets" and progress to more stars at the post counts listed in the quote.

You went from one to two stars at 10 posts and will get your third star at 25 posts.

I would like to sell some of my stars. 3% commission goes to the selling agent. :)

Since some people confuse these stars for some sort of quality or seniority ranking, maybe we could replace them with something more representative of the true meaning.

logo.gif

BigMoneyJim said:
Or dryer sheets! Hmmm....
Dryer sheets are useful. I suggest that anyone with over 2000 posts have all their stars stripped and they should be banned immediately. :)

sgeeeee said:
Dryer sheets are useful. I suggest that anyone with over 2000 posts have all their stars stripped and they should be banned immediately. :)
Perhaps some posters should have their stars replaced with hand grenades...

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Hand grenades made out of turds...hmmm...

M-80 stuck in a pile of dog doo gets you there with a lot less expense. Just make sure that sucker has a looong fuse (don't ask).

Leonidas said:
Not much here gets me to laugh out loud, but that did! :LOL: :LOL:

When that sort of thing happens what does one say, Aw Sh*t?

Luckily, I was only an observer, standing safely out of the blast radius. Watched my fried light it, turn around, and get a step and a half away. Ughhh, what a mess. He had a good time explaining that one to his parents, too.

Someone should start a poll to choose alternative icons . . . and the posters who should get them. That should keep the modulators busy. And this post may earn me the first dog poo firecracker icon. :D :D :D

sgeeeee said:
Someone should start a poll to choose alternative icons . . . and the posters who should get them. That should keep the modulators busy. And this post may earn me the first dog poo firecracker icon. :D :D :D

Nope, you'd have to actually post the poll, like I just did.

C'mon sgeeeee, a little faith. If you can dream it you can do it!

Back
Top Bottom