Imagine this...

Andy R

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Site Team
One of the things I would like to do is have a logo made for our community. I know, I know, you all are not here for branding, committees and corporate BS. All I am saying is I want to have a logo made and I need your input/ideas so I can work with the graphics designers on this.

One idea I had was an image of a sunset with the words Early-Retirement.com written in the sand...

What ideas do you all have for a cool way to represent our community?

I was thinking something along the lines of the Johnny Paycheck song - "Take this job and Shove it"

Maybe the Index Finger extended against a backdrop of Corporate America.

img_478930_0_8145759c7483466460f8ab1742cca84a.jpg

Maybe too Un PC? :confused: :confused:

Since we always talk about FIRE (financially independent retired early) here how about a logo with a fireman's helmet? Or a logo incorporating a flaming W-2 form? :LOL:

Grumpy

Andy
No votes for sunsets from me.
This is more about reawakenings and new beginnings---not endings.
More an unshackeling and liberation. It is not retire but reinvent.
nwsteve

nwsteve said:
No votes for sunsets from me.
This is more about reawakenings and new beginnings---not endings.
More an unshackeling and liberation. It is not retire but reinvent.
I was thinking about the saying people have when they take one of their sick days (or what ever you call it now a days). Instead of "taking the day off" many people say I am "taking the day on". I always liked that expression and understand what you are saying about breaking the shackles and being liberated.

So how does one try to represent busting free from the machine. Re-inventing your life by architecting your existence to provide you the experiences you desire?

Andy R said:
I was thinking about the saying people have when they take one of their sick days (or what ever you call it now a days). Instead of "taking the day off" many people say I am "taking the day on". I always liked that expression and understand what you are saying about breaking the shackles and being liberated.

So how does one try to represent busting free from the machine. Re-inventing your life by architecting your existence to provide you the experiences you desire?
l

I'm in the minority, but the greatest part of retiring was not having to interact everyday with all the office personalities.

Andy R said:
I was thinking about the saying people have when they take one of their sick days (or what ever you call it now a days). Instead of "taking the day off" many people say I am "taking the day on".

People commonly "call in sick" I thought, on a nice day, I ought to "call in well".

"I always liked that expression and understand what you are saying about breaking the shackles and being liberated."

Something about being freed from chains would help. I think its all about financial independence more than retirement. Be FI and just do what you want.

sgeeeee said:
We designed a flag at one time:

http://early-retirement.org/forums/index.php?topic=620.15

BMJ even gave us an icon: :er:

:)

I'd go with the original flag but it does need a little color and spiffing up. Give people a clicker to see what the latin phrase means...pull them in a little bit...

On the other hand, almost any snap from a beer commercial would do...that sunset with the bottle of corona in the forefront...except substitute a GOOD beer...seems that the first vision people have of 'early retirement' is sitting on a beach, having a cocktail, watching a sunset.

If I think about the chariteristics I would like for the logo they would be:

Positive image - (sun rise; rather than sun set)

Action images (no recliner chairs)

Out of the box thinking - not what people traditionally think about when they hear RE (gold watches; old people, shuffle board, etc.)

Insirational wording about the future (no references about the working life or negativity)

Catchy phrazing

Eazy to remember

Famous Quotes OK

------------------------------------------
So let's see:
Image possibilities: (Help me here)
An open road leading out to the world

A man and woman on a hilltop looking out to the future with a big smile on their faces.

Wording:
"Free at Last"

Today it the first day of the rest of my life

Mission statement: Life

Mission statement: Life or die trying

You get the idea

HFWR said:
That won't capture all of dex's good ideas. How about this: The sunrise over boobs with a bra lying beside them. The caption reads, "free at last!" ? :confused:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

sgeeeee said:
That won't capture all of dex's good ideas. How about this: The sunrise over boobs with a bra lying beside them. The caption reads, "free at last!" ? :confused:

YES!!!!!!

I have a suggestion for the model...

Attachments

• Mrs.jpg
    Mrs.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Mrs.jpg_thumb
    29 KB · Views: 0
sgeeeee said:

Very creative... 8)

Frankly this is how I hoped a lot of marketing meetings would go.

Generally, they didnt.

There was one where I proposed a campaign where we'd suggest that the power of ones processor was more or less directly related to penis size, but that wasnt really well received.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
There was one where I proposed a campaign where we'd suggest that the power of ones processor was more or less directly related to penis size, but that wasnt really well received.
From the perspective of multi-core systems, I'm glad no one implemented Cute Fuzzy Bunny's Law.

Back
Top Bottom