Invisible threads?

dixonge

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
There is one thread I am participating in that does not seem to show up in the 'New Posts' listing. Why? Just curious.

I'm not sure, but I think that the posts in "New Posts" only show up there if there has been activity on the thread since you last viewed it. It may also be that posting to the thread is considered viewing it, so if you posted to the thread and then went and looked at "New Posts" the thread wouldn't show up then.

The only way I know around this is to go to the "Forums" link and look for it in the forum where you posted it. Or wait for someone else to post something to the thread.

2Cor521

You didn't just post to that thread before hitting "New Posts," did you? The board software considers the board to be "read" in that situation and the New Posts search only shows threads that have unread posts since your last visit to the thread.

To get a better idea of what's been posted to since your last login use "todays posts" which can be found under the quick links drop down menu.

You didn't just post to that thread before hitting "New Posts," did you? The board software considers the board to be "read" in that situation and the New Posts search only shows threads that have unread posts since your last visit to the thread.

I think I figured it out......

Back
Top Bottom