Join Early Retirement Today

Issue with extra folders for Message Files
Old 07-18-2008, 11:27 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Issue with extra folders for Message Files

Hi-

I have been downloading my messages as text when my box gets full. Then I noticed the option to transfer to another folder. So I created 2-Inbox Archives and Sent Message Archives. I transferred Inbox Messages easily, but when I return to do the same with Sent Messages, it doesn't give a choice of "transfer to another folder", but only delete or download options.

How do I proceed? Thanks,

Also, I am having other difficulties with my CP page. I am trying to accept a friend request, but the software does not show that I have accepted-just keeps showing it as pending. Another issue is that sometimes but not always when I click on "your notifications" it won't open.

What gives?

Last thing- how can I contact admin with a forum software question that I don't want to put publically on the forum?

Ha
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2008, 11:49 AM   #2
Give me a forum ...

I'll ask Janet H, she's our tech guru. I think you can PM her as well.
I PMd her, Ha, asking her to look at your question.

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:26 PM   #3
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
Hi-

I have been downloading my messages as text when my box gets full. Then I noticed the option to transfer to another folder. So I created 2-Inbox Archives and Sent Message Archives. I transferred Inbox Messages easily, but when I return to do the same with Sent Messages, it doesn't give a choice of "transfer to another folder", but only delete or download options.

How do I proceed? Thanks,

Ha
Unfortunately, you can only move mail from your inbox to folders. You also need to know that even mail stored in secondary folders will be counted toward your total mail count so moving around won't change storage limitations.

Quote:
I am having other difficulties with my CP page. I am trying to accept a friend request, but the software does not show that I have accepted-just keeps showing it as pending. Another issue is that sometimes but not always when I click on "your notifications" it won't open.

What gives?
Make sure that you check the box next to the friend requests avatar and then hit accept (or reject). If this is still an issue, try logging out and deleting cookies and cache and then log in again.

Quote:
Last thing- how can I contact admin with a forum software question that I don't want to put publicly on the forum?
You can use the contact us link at the bottom of each page or send message a PM to one of the forum admins. (Janet, Rich, Martha)
Old 07-18-2008, 03:18 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Thanks Janet, got it now.

Ha