Just for practice thread

redduck

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
To Whom It May Concern:

I am not a natural on the computer and have had a least one post corrected/modified/altered by the moderator(s) (and that's fine).

Anyhow, what I am suggesting is that there be a thread that can be used for practicing transferring quotes, making columns, using the smilies and a whole bunch of other stuff as it comes up.:confused:

Last edited:
Practice away - this looks like a good place to do it :)

I'll be looking over your shoulder, redduck, I'm still learning. I came late into the computer world, kicking and screaming. I still remember (10 years ago) the librarian calming me down about the shift from wooden card catalog to computer terminals.

Thanks for the :greetings10:encouragement. No laughing now. :LOL::D Well, a little bit of laughter might be OK. BUT NO SNICKERING. Dang, how I hate snickering.

...Dang, how I hate snickering.
If you're as computer-inept as I, you get used to it.:D

Oh yeah, that time that we moved our offices and somehow my computer got switched to the off position. After the tech guy left, I was so appreciative that he waited until he got into the elevator to start the snickering.:ROFLMAO:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am not a natural on the computer and have had a least one post corrected/modified/altered by the moderator(s) (and that's fine).

Anyhow, what I am suggesting is that there be a thread that can be used for practicing transferring quotes, making columns, using the smilies and a whole bunch of other stuff as it comes up.:confused:

Let's see how the above looks...

I'll be looking over your shoulder, redduck, I'm still learning. I came late into the computer world... I still remember (10 years ago) the librarian calming me down about the shift from wooden card catalog to computer terminals.

Let us see here. I edited CuppaJoe's post (just a little bit). The "kickin' and screamin'" part.

Ah, now for some rows and columns (I should really be working on my taxes instead).

Column A Column B Column C

22 44 66

88 xxxx xxxxxx

Last edited:
Ah, now for some rows and columns (I should really be working on my taxes instead).

Column A Column B Column C

22 44 66

88 xxxx xxxxxx

If you're as computer-inept as I, you get used to it.:D

Oh yeah, that time that we moved our offices and somehow my computer got switched to the off position. After the tech guy left, I was so appreciative that he waited until he got into the elevator to start the snickering.:ROFLMAO:

Just movin' on down the line.

now you have me curious - where is the Column tool in the editor toolbar ?
You just might become our new expert. <sans snicker> :flowers:

If I knew, what makes you think I'd tell you? :nonono: Anyhow, I imagine a mod will be showing up with that info for the two of us.

There's a toolbar? Do they serve merlot there? I'll have to take another look at the manual. This might be a question for an administrator. You get in real deep real fast with this new technology.

The column function of the reply editor is only activated for brief periods after you deposit more quarters in the slot on your monitor. :whistle:

Because I'm cute and cuddly and sweet and innocent and darling and...
THUNDER CLAP! LIGNTNING BOLT!
whew, I barely dodged that one. :cool:

Uh, can I have some privacy in here? I thought this was going to be a safe place. I guess I can run, but I can't hide. "Cuddly and innocent you say?" :flowers:

The column function of the reply editor is only activated for brief periods after you deposit more quarters in the slot on your monitor. :whistle:

See, I knew a mod would come along and be incredibly helpful.

Back
Top Bottom