Limit posting frequency?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle

I wonder if the Pareto 80/20 rule holds regarding posts.

I'm not sure of the OPs motives, but I sometimes get tired of reading the same posters who seem to feel they must weigh in on everything. I know, use ignore.

But I believe in freedom, and any more rules would detract from forum.

Wow, Just like my AA 80/20.

As a rarely posting, always reading and learning, longterm fan of this forum, I vote no. Also don't impose a posting minimum as some like me are not to pithy in our remarks.

As a rarely posting, always reading and learning, longterm fan of this forum, I vote no. Also don't impose a posting minimum as some like me are not to pithy in our remarks.

HOLY MOLLY!!!! An avg of 5 posts a YEAR!!! That is just a few days for me... :facepalm:

As in other areas of life, there are The Quiet Ones, and the Chatty Cathys. Variety is the spice of life.

Can't think of anything to type, but I'm still reading & laughing cause nobody would every consider me a quiet one in real life. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

What is the male counterpart of "Chatty Cathy"?:)

We are all (supposed to be) gender neutral these days, which obviates the necessity for outmoded 'counterparts'.

Motormouth works fine for both sexes.

We are all (supposed to be) gender neutral these days, which obviates the necessity for outmoded 'counterparts'.

What is the male counterpart of "Chatty Cathy"?:)
I was going to put a screen name of a certain member here, but I'm not sure he can take a joke. :)

If it's rude for the most part to limit blowhards to short or infrequent responses in real life, why limit them here? At least here we can pull out the :horse: once in a while.

Or one of these.

2ilh5j7.jpg

True, I am dating myself. (I've discovered I'm actually a lot of fun on a date).
"All genders, genderqueer, and nongendered persons" is what one says now.

'Both'? Oh, that's so 2016.

UMM, I never heard of the second one. I had to google it.:confused: Somehow, around these parts that one isnt going to get much traction.

I've found "Hey, Buddy" to be a utilitarian address in all instances. ;)

:LOL:, Yes, that might avoid a physical confrontation.

From childhood, (we had 3 gay guys living upstairs to us), I've known gays, had gay friends, etc, and none of them, AFAIK, could give a crap about all these fabricated pronouns, (then again perhaps the ones I knew were saner than the current batch of 'activists').

In Toronto, in the early 1970s, my first wife & I lived in apartment building that was predominantly gay, and I still recall hearing one telling a joke to another:

Tourist: "Can you direct me to the Toronto Island Ferry?"

Gay guy (in swishy voice): "Speaking."

Back
Top Bottom