Managing email notifications

SnowballCamper

Full time employment: Posting here.
I would love to get an email notification when a new thread is started in a particular category, say “young dreamers”. But not get a notification for every subsequent post in the thread. How could I do that, or what is the next best way to get a similar effect?

TIA

You can subscribe to a specific forum. Open the forum and look for "forum tools" at the top of the list of threads. I think (not positive) that notifications for new threads are not instant, but rather, a daily digest.

janet, i wonder if instant notifications to either a subscribed thread or to new threads in a subscribed forum is an option that can be turned on. i belong to a recreational vehicle board...IRV2.COM...which is comprised of many different forums. the software that runs that board LOOKS very much like this one and it has instant notifications for subscribed threads and forums. i don't KNOW what software runs either just that both boards LOOK the same. IF that is an option for this board it would make a very good board even better.

Same software... You can configure notification options in your user cp to send instantly or daily. Notifications for new threads (rather than thread updates) function a little differently but again, are configurable in your user control panel.

Same software... You can configure notification options in your user cp to send instantly or daily. Notifications for new threads (rather than thread updates) function a little differently but again, are configurable in your user control panel.

janet, yes, a minute after i posted i realized i erred in including subscribed threads. but i don't see an option in the CP to get instant notification of new threads in a subscribed forum as i do on IRV2.COM.

janet, yes, a minute after i posted i realized i erred in including subscribed threads. but i don't see an option in the CP to get instant notification of new threads in a subscribed forum as i do on IRV2.COM.

Yes. I'm subscribed to two forums: "Hi I am", and "Young Dreamers" but I don't see how to manage a notification for a new thread within either forum.

If it has to come with a thread subscription, that I can turn off, it's no big deal.

I know adding features can have other unintended consequences...

I'd be a better participant if I could setup a notification of a new thread in a forum, and then reply. I'm not really interested in wading through some of the many, many page threads... but would like to provide constructive input where I have some experience/knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom