Martha, REW, and Rich_in_Tampa Step Down

Yes -- all Nords' fault, I agree. As soon as he stepped down there was no one else to make fun of, so I stepped down, too.

[Sounds of throat clearing] Uh...the posts on this thread are beginning to sound too much like an obituary. I can't speak for Martha, Rich or Nords, but as for me, I'm not dead just yet. :)

ummm, so does this mean I don't get your chair after all?

[Sounds of throat clearing] Uh...the posts on this thread are beginning to sound too much like an obituary. I can't speak for Martha, Rich or Nords, but as for me, I'm not dead just yet. :)

For those of you [-]conspiracy theorists[/-] who think there is more to the story, here's your opportunity to peek behind the curtain at my decision: I turned in my moderator badge to Dory last August, but was [-]guilted[/-] persuaded to stay on for a while. I was considering stepping down again when Dory announced Andy was taking over the helm, and I thought I owed it to the forum to at least stay through the transition. When Nords [-]decided to become a full time surf bum[/-] announced his departure, I thought it was probably as good a time as any for me to do the same.

Yep. It's all Nords fault.

rewahoo you could have thrown in some booze, blow and one nite stands to make it a little more interesting >:D

I'm one of the newer members here, I've just been reading the forum for a few months. But some of you are my favorite posters and you will continue to be after you are no longer mods.

I'm a moderator on another forum, unrelated to retirement. It can sometimes be a lot of fun, other times it's a burden. Forums go through changes, like any community.

I'm sorry to hear of these resignations as all the moderators involved have done a great job. I have felt they have been very even handed in the way they have moderated and each has made an outstanding contribution.

Well done all of you. I have truly enjoyed the intelligence of this forum (most of the time) and your w*rk is largely responsible for that. I understand why it's necessary to move on at intervals and for now am not going to assume any conspiracies. Thank you sincerely for your past moderation efforts. I hope you all continue to post!

Martha, Rich, REW, Nords, I hardly noticed the moderation. You did great!!

Thanks!!

Hey, will y'all stay for 100 virgins? Martha can chose something else if she would prefer. :)

Thanks to all of you.

Ha

Of course we should let them know that they only get the reward after martyring, and that the translation may be inaccurate and only mean 'dates' instead of virgins.

And while we're on the subject, anyone besides me a little creeped out about hanging out with 100 dead virgins?

You guys did a great job .You made moderating look so easy even a caveman could do it .Thanks again !

I guess the greatest testament to your work as moderators is that I don't think most people were even aware of it. (I wasn't, but then I may be especially unobservant) The ability to steer the board in a restrained fashion, without provoking open warfare, is a special one. You are all to be commended for doing it so well.

As others have said, you have each offered great insight here, and I for one hope to continue reading your posts. Thank you all.

I guess the greatest testament to your work as moderators is that I don't think most people were even aware of it. (I wasn't, but then I may be especially unobservant) The ability to steer the board in a restrained fashion, without provoking open warfare, is a special one. You are all to be commended for doing it so well.

As others have said, you have each offered great insight here, and I for one hope to continue reading your posts. Thank you all.
This is exactly how I feel. You summed it up well Gumby! I want to add my thanks for all that every one of you have done. It was greatly appreciated! Keep posting, please!

Thanks for your work.

So, you will be posting more then.

Sorry to hear that, but it is a thankless job at times........

Just keep posting, so we can all enjoy the wit........:D

Guys (including Nords) thanx for all of your hard work making this an enjoyable forum. Hope all of you continue to post in the future. Nords when you get your book written I'd like to get a signed 1st edition.

I have been out of communication of the internet for a couple of weeks. Wow! Changes are a-happenin'

My sincere thanks to all of the moderators who are stepping down. Your contributions have been noted and rightfully so. This board is what it is in great part, because of your ability to keep threads going without slaming the door on open and healthy discussion while also cutting out some cancerous tumors that could have created a mess of the board.

Public forums are frequently like public restrooms.....necessarily dirty but how they look after days and weeks of use is in the hands of those that maintain them. This board is by far the best run of any I have been involved with over the past 30 years of public BB systems use.

My hat is off to you all. Thanks for your time and effort to make this board what it is today.

I also want to thank the moderators, current and former, for their efforts. It's a non-trivial amount of work and a largely thankless job. So, thanks.

Look, I have this separation anxiety thing going on. So, even though you folks will no longer be moderators, here's hoping that you really will be staying around. I mean, just who will I be turning to the next time somebody accidently drops $283,000 (or whatever it was in my account).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom